CQC-T Delivery Announcement...Important

The final stage of assembly for the CQC-T is O-Ring installation.

The "Buna N" O-rings are manually fitted into their positions on each handle. This operation is done completley by hand. As of today, we were nearly complete with this installation process and were beginning packaging and shipment.

This afternoon, I confirmed personally that too many O-Rings (for my standards) were snapping off their handles after assembly. If it were one or two, I would have chalked it up to a bad ring. However, after getting briefed on O-Ring properties, I learned that over 5% stretch in Buna N is a roll of the dice. Buna N is a hydraulic ring that works great under heat and offers memory better than silicone and viton. It's the perfect ring for the CQC-T...we have concluded however that we are using the wrong size. We were stretching our rings over 50%.

I have ordered replacement O-Rings with larger inner diameters to resolve the problem. We are also going to quickly examine a slightly smaller cross section ring as a potential solution as well. Whichever ring performs better is what we'll use.

This means we have to uninstall alot of O-Rings over the next few days...and carefully. As a result of this re-fit, release of the CQC-T has been postponed to 7/29. Military unit orders that have been already filled will receive priority attention upon their return of the merchandice for replacement rings.

I have tried to resolve this problem behind the scenes, but at this juncture, it is best in my opinion to just come out and let you all know about the problem.

We're on it, it's no biggie in the grand scheme, and we're just a little behind the eight...not new for us, but the CQC-T is worth it...

Please accept my apologies.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update AND the telephone call, Mr. Prisco.
And thanks to Suzanne for the call this AM.
Take care and Semper-FI!
Spud
(Dennis)

Andy, Thank You for the update. I'm driving my co-workers and family nuts (nuttier) over this one. They'll be as appreciative as me (well, not quite). Any idea when 1sks will receive the vtac for shipment? :D :confused: :D

Yes, 1SKS will have VTACs in late August and will be well supplied. We will literally have thousands of VTACs in stock for dealers and they will not get caught undersupplied again...(unless US Armed Forces entered another campaign drawing our inventory)

Are they shipping? Please say yes! I am so tired of playing with my frontier hawks. :D

Hellooooooooooooooooo................... anybody there? Posted.........nothin', Emailed..............nothin', Called.............voicemail full, Other Forum............nothin'. Helloooooooooooooo? :grumpy:

I am in East LA right now.

Suzanne has been at her desk and putting in overtime.

When did you call and not get her or a reply?

8/1/2005 Called approx. 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.

emailed Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:56 AM

I just wanted to know if CQC-Ts have shipped.
Thanks for reply. Mike

Hey Michael,

I'm here. I haven't received any messages but you said the mailbox was full. I just checked it, it's empty but I'm here if you need anything. The CQC-T is scheduled to ship next week, you and another forumite will be among the first to get them because you're so local. HAng in there.

Your frontier hawk is going to be very jealous.

Suzanne Settle
Customer Service
American Tomahawk Company
877-557-5200 (Toll-Free)

Are all pre-orders shipping this week? I noticed my CC was charged last month, but haven't gotten any shipping notification.

thx

Matt

MGD said:
Are all pre-orders shipping this week? I noticed my CC was charged last month, but haven't gotten any shipping notification.

thx

Matt

I would call Suzanne in the morning if I were you. Getting an answer here could take longer than you care to wait. My cc was dinged awhile ago also. ;) Good luck, and I'll post when I know anything for sure.

Yes, please contact Suzanne...

Everyone should be pleased as packages start arriving next week...

I would point out that most charges were indeed made "last month" (which is 10 days ago as of this post), prior to our O-Ring problem. We announced the problem and have since remedied it.

Thanks for hanging in there all...

For me, last month wasn't 10 days ago, it was July 14th and I've since had to pay the credit card charge with no product in hand, something I really don't like to do.

However, I don't want a defective product, so I can appreciate the scramble to get the problem with the rings corrected. It was just by chance that I saw you had a forum here and got the word regarding the delay.

thx

Matt

Point taken Matt...we didn't plan on the problem and I apologize for any inconvenience you realized.

No inconvenience here. Not like you are selling me a pacemaker or that I am heading out on deployment. I figure you have this forum here to connect with your customers, so providing some feedback. If you didn't have this forum I would be more concerned as I wouldn't have heard the explanation about the delay.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I look forward to getting the tomahawk. I am new to your company, but I have heard nothing but great things about the quality of your products.

Matt

And my favorite initials (my daugther and I share them)...beer isn't bad either.

I know waiting can be a pain, but I'd much rather wait and get it right the first time than go through the get, send it back, get it again routine. ATC made the right call holding off until they had it the way we all want it.

BadBadger said:
I know waiting can be a pain, but I'd much rather wait and get it right the first time than go through the get, send it back, get it again routine. ATC made the right call holding off until they had it the way we all want it.

Agreed, Agreed. I just have trouble practicing that patience thing I tell my kids about. :D

Back