CR Fix Blade Knife Owners

Razor

Gold Member
I was wondering how many of you own fix blade knives and what kind?I own a Mountaineer II and sometimes think about selling it because it seems kind of heavy.I feel if I do I will be sorry.Should I keep the knife and why? I own a Sebenza and it won't be sold. Ray

------------------
Ray

Razor Ray:

I have several CR fixed blades: Proj I, Shadow III & IV, Skinner, Al Mar/CR collaboration. I have been very pleased with all of them. Some still sit NIB, but others have been used, nearly abused, and look new after cleanup. Hold a great edges, don't seem too heavy to me for A2 knives of their respective sizes.

They very strong with the one-piece design, no scales to break or come loose. They even look nice in a sort of weird way. They also came with superb sheaths from Gfeller Casemakers.

My friends who have all sorts of different knives, production and custom, have all indicated that they want to get one or two of the various CR fixed blades.

Don't want to ramble too long, but you won't go wrong keeping your knife. I think these are the kinds of knives you could really depend on if a lot was hanging in the balance. Plus you get CR service and the $20 refurb to new condition. All around a great package.

Enjoy the rest of the holidays,

Any specific questons, let me know.

Mike

One Aviator, two Sables (with one leaving soon.)

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

Razor,

I own the Mountaineer 1 and plan on keeping it. I like it more than any production fixed blade knife I've ever owned or seen....better than a lot of customs too! It is very well made and it made to be USED...it holds an excellent edge and is easily re-sharpened. And talk about "scary" sharp!
I think that Chris Reeve knows a lot about proper heat-treatment of metals because all his knives are excellent in holding an edge and being easy to sharpen (don't know about his ATS-34 blades, never used one). I compared his A-2 blade to a friends's blade of the same steel and the Mountaineer done much better. Just my 2cents.

I have a Shadow IV. I'm Thinking about a getting the Ubejane skinner, as well as a Sebenza folder.

I have a 1987 South African-made Jereboam I--basically the Aviator's 8.5" big brother. It's still new in the box. I bought it to use, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

ldsdfw

Razor,
I also own a Mountaineer II which I use all the time and carry almost daily. The leather sheath that comes with it is excellent but the knife rides so low in it that I can't sit down. I recently ordered and received a custom Kydex sheath from Scott Hendryx in Boise, Idaho. This is a "High-Ride" belt sheath that raises the knife much higher. The handle of the knife is now above the top of my belt. I can wear it anywhere and sit comfortably with it. I use the Mountaineer II MUCH more now because it is so much easier to carry.

------------------
Bob Jenkins
Member of THE HORDE

I own a Shadow IV, I wanted it to go with my ten new Sebenza. Now, I am looking to get a Shadow III and a Project I, I just love that spearpoint design!

Hi Blond(i)e,

"Studenten hebben het nog niet zo slecht
biggrin.gif

"
I just own a Large Sebenza and a Sable IV which I would really like to trade (part)
for a 7.5" Chris Reeve / Al Mar fixed blade.
Anyone in for a part trade to make me happy
wink.gif

Blondie did you get a video with your Sharpmaker 204 ?

Cheers, Bagheera

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bagheera (edited 28 December 1999).]

One Mountaineer I to go with my small Seb and Umfaan. Nice, sturdy knife, as is all of Chris' designs. Thinking of sending for a refurb, and maybe looking into a kydex sheath for it.

Aviator, Project2 , Mountaineer2, 7"Sable, 7" Tanto, and a 5.5" Tanto. I use the mountaineer, and the Aviator, the rest are part of my collection. Nothing but good sevice from the pieces I have used.

Floyd

Back