CRK customer service

I recently bought a Small Sebenza 21 that is about 5.5 years old (birth date is 10-2012). It’s in brand new condition but has a few issues. This is my first Chris Reeve knife so I’m not sure what to expect of the knife or the customer service response.

The first issue is the blue cross drilled lanyard spacer opposite the pivot. It’s loose and it rattles. Very annoying on a knife of this class. Second, the pivot likely needs to be cleaned and regreased. This is expected of a knife that’s over 5 years old.

I filled out the contact form on their website about 3 days ago. So far no response. I consider CRK a luxury brand and expect commensurate service. I really want to have a spa service done but I’m impatient with the lack of response. Am I being unreasonable?

1st there normal business week is Mon. thru thur.
On the lanyard pin-my guess it is without cord and the rattling is normal -it floats in there. You can do a search to find remedies, add the cord or remove the pin(requires taking it apart). Doubt CRK will do anything here
Sebenza is the easiest knife to take apart lube and clean-might as well jump in and learn. Should be a stickie to help and there are you tube videos also I believe.
There customer service is very good and they should respond soon. If you want you can just fill in the form and send it in, but nothing you mentioned needs a spa trip.

I’d advise taking it apart cleaning and greasing yourself. It is very simple and there are tutorials on YouTube. Good luck.

Here’s the tutorial on how to clean your Sebenza from Tim Reeves himself.

Last edited:
Thank you all. That thread about the lanyard pin is hilarious. Based on Peter's post, I put on the CRK lanyard but did not like it. I just removed the pin and the knife looks fine. I disassembled the knife and cleaned and lubed per Tim Reeve's video. Easy as pie. Thank you all so much for your help.

I do have one question. How does the lanyard fit into the hole in the lanyard pin?

Thank you all. That thread about the lanyard pin is hilarious. Based on Peter's post, I put on the CRK lanyard but did not like it. I just removed the pin and the knife looks fine. I disassembled the knife and cleaned and lubed per Tim Reeve's video. Easy as pie. Thank you all so much for your help.

I do have one question. How does the lanyard fit into the hole in the lanyard pin?

Very tightly :rolleyes:

It’s better to call the CS instead of email

Here’s a lanyard pin mod on YouTube. It’s nice if you want to leave the pin in.

Last edited:
Back