crk one piece sable iv

hi all,
i just got a crk sable iv, and was wondering what angle (approximately) is the edge sharpened at from the factory. i have the sharpmaker 204, and was wondering if that would be appropriate for sharpening this knife. it seems to be a thicker profile than the edge of my sebenza. also, i was wondering if anyone has any experience with handle mods ie. wraps, etc. the checkering kinda bites into my hand.
thx,
ard

[This message has been edited by arduous1 (edited 02-08-2000).]

I believe Chris Reeve recommends the Spyderco Sharpmaker for sharpening his knives. So, the angle must be the right one.

------------------
John F Jensen
"Your Quality Distributor"
619-475-3633

A while back, someone suggested wrapping it in a piece of bicycle inner tube, slightly narrower than the handle and cut to size. You can probably pick up a few different sizes for free from any bike shop -- good way to recycle that flat tire!

Glen

go to your local electrical supply house and ask them for some heat shrink material take your knife and size you want it to just slip over your handle use a heat gun or propane torch and heat it up it wont take much and it should fit perfectly.

Back