Crowing about Swiss knife shop excellent CS

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Devilnut, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Devilnut

Devilnut

Aug 4, 2003
    ...or, a tale of procrastination, inattention, and redemption...
    In the week running up to my son's eighth birthday, I had resolved to buy him a SAK hunter, as he had been asking for one for some time but had not received one yet as his mother loves her curtains. Anyhow, I searched for the perfect knife in between work emails and meetings and found one about 5 days away from the party. I even saw that Swiss knife shop offered free engraving for a promotional. What I didn't notice however, was the clearly labeled caveat that custom engraving added 1-5 business days to the shipping time. So, it's Thursday before my boy's big day and I realize that it's likely that his knife is going to miss his party. I overnight a knife from Amazon, and call Swiss Knife Shop to try to catch the knife before it goes to the engraving dept. to cancel the order. I speak with Shavonne (sp?), let her know that I would like to cancel my order, and that this is my fault for not reading the clearly published shipping note, but that my son's birthday is in two days and I know that it won't make it in time. A short hold later, and she tells me that she is going to overnight the knife to make sure Joseph gets his knife on time and that they appreciate my business. I'm not a prolific poster on blade forums as there are so many more knowledgeable folks on here that I really benefit from reading more than I post, but the human touch that Shavonne put on a situation that was completely my fault saved my stature in a young man's eyes. I thank her and Swiss Knife Shop for the excellent customer service and I wanted to share my experience here.
    Thank you all,
    R

danbot likes this.
  2. Weedhopper

Weedhopper

Mar 17, 2014
    That's awesome service! Happy Birthday to your son!