Custom Carbon Fiber Scales

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Jfoster99, May 4, 2019.

1. Jfoster99

Jfoster99

Nov 11, 2012
    Hello,

I am looking for someone reputable that can make a Chris Reeve Left hand scale for an Umfaan and/or Large Pivot Umnumzaan.

Hopefully someone who does not have a 1 year back log.

If you have any pictures of the work they have done that would.

Thank You...

2. Jfoster99

Jfoster99

Nov 11, 2012
    I did searched the forum here but only saw mention of “Cuscadi” and “BellaBlade”. Both were fairly old posts.

Any input or advise would be great. Thanks.

3. jwh720

jwh720 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2016
    sixthreebladeworx on IG

loon#r likes this.
  4. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
  5. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I hand one done when the 25 first came out. I got nervous because it took like a month longer than what was told to me. The other person that did a good job got banned from here, ShepardCC, he still sells stuff on ebay. Stay away from him.
    Give @Spikediesel a shout to see if he has done any CRK's. He's got some pics of the work he's done in the knife makers forum in the folder section.
    Keep in mind, you'll have to send the knife to the modifier and ask yourself if you're willing to give up that knife.

6. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    I recently tried ShepardCC. Seeing on his site that he had a scale available I placed an order for a small orange g10. Over a week later I requested a shipment status. He hadn’t shipped it, he didn’t have one available. I received it about a week after that email exchange along with an apology. As stated above he did a good job, but the fit isn’t stellar and the experience was meh...

The scale is still in use, but a healthy amt of loctite was/is necessary.

7. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Avoid this guy
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/shepardcc-scam.1502946/

Lots of shady stuff.

8. loon#r

loon#r Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Damn. I didn’t think to look him up on here.

9. TTTis

TTTis

Mar 8, 2010
    Custom scales can be really tough to match the tolerances of a CRK machined handle. To get everything perfect usually doesn't happen. I wish you the best in the search, but I've had a few made for crks and they just don't stack up.

Mo2 likes this.
  10. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I have had some done by Mr.H(BarryH) that were very well done. He isn't always willing to make them these days, but when I talked to him this winter he said he would be willing to do some when the weather warmed-his shop wasn't heated.

11. kilogolf65

kilogolf65

Jun 25, 2015
    Here's a couple pics of some aftermarket CF scales I acquired. Of the two the OP pivot scales seems to be a bit better finished, but unfortunately I have no idea who the maker is. No marking on it at all. The large 21 scale is nice but fit isn't as tight a CF scale from CRK, but I couldn't buy one of those. The 21 scale was made by 'shepardcc'. Apparently he still makes them but wait time is a bit long from what I hear. I got it second-hand as I did with the OP scale.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]