Custom Code 4

I did, but between Florida heat and my own sweat, I knew it would turn into a sticky mess eventually.
I was asking because I have a friend right now in the US who is going to bring me a few goodies I have bought over the course of his stay there (two years in Albuquerque) and one of the items is, precisely, a Cold Steel Code 4 Spear Point. It was mainly meant for light EDC duty (office environment) so I don't expect to monkey grip it too often... but in the event of serious issues due to the lack of traction, I was looking for options.

Mikel

Billy The Hungry

Basic Member
I was asking because I have a friend right now in the US who is going to bring me a few goodies I have bought over the course of his stay there (two years in Albuquerque) and one of the items is, precisely, a Cold Steel Code 4 Spear Point. It was mainly meant for light EDC duty (office environment) so I don't expect to monkey grip it too often... but in the event of serious issues due to the lack of traction, I was looking for options.

Mikel

My copy was perfect. The S35N steel was amazing and razor sharp. Not to mention it's a beautiful knife. You will like it. Maybe you won't mind the lack of traction.

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Am I the only one that wonders, with a name like Code 4, why it doesn't have a 4" blade?

I'm glad it doesn't, as I really like it, but probably wouldn't carry it if it was any bigger. Just always seemed odd to me.

Am I the only one that wonders, with a name like Code 4, why it doesn't have a 4" blade?
Seems like the idea behind the slim design of this knife was to provide officers with a last ditch defense weapon that they could carry without noticing it all day (ligthweight and very slim). So I guess the "Code 4" is going to be some kind of LEO lingo...

Or maybe not!

Mikel

jlauffer

Tempt not the Blade
Platinum Member
Understood. Just seems odd that given CS tendency towards larger knives, that they wouldn't have taken the cue from the name and made it 4"....would have been a natural fit. If the 4-Max didn't have a 4" blade we'd all be like wtf?

My XHP blade version has much less of a grip traction problem than I thought it would .

Maybe the shape of the handle helps .

Main thing is the overall thinness of the handle .

That makes for easy carry and conceal , but is not ideal for heavy , extended work . Contrast with the Bush Ranger , for example .

Still , the Code 4 is a great one for casual carry , IMO . :cool: :thumbsup: