1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Order Status Page

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by AA Forge, Dec 26, 2017.

1. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    I just added a custom order status page to the web site - https://aaforge.com/pages/custom-order-status

I want to thank everyone who has placed an order!!! As most of you guys know I have caught some flack lately (and rightfully so) for being behind on orders and not communicating very well on the delays with the steel being out of stock. This is one of the main reasons I have closed the books so that I can get caught up and improve on my communication with you guys. The delay in the orders and me not being able to keep up with everyone is unacceptable to me.

This is why I have started the Order Status Page! My plan is to post updates on where I'm at on the orders at least several times a month. I have everything up to the end of May back from heat treat and they should start to ship over the next month. Until the steel comes back in stock it will be hard for me to give a time estimate on orders past that, but they will be finished ASAP! Aldo says the steel should be in by Mid January. Once it is I will update everyone. It looks like the whole list will be finished by summer, but I will give updates as much as I can.

In the meantime while I'm working on getting through the order list I will be listing knives on my site for sale through the week, so stay tuned for the listings.

Thanks you,
    Adam

buckfynn, donscpoo and Choppaman like this.
  2. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Thanks @AA Forge for the update. I believe I have one on that current list. Looking forward to getting it. In the meantime that Ironwood Kephart showed up today. Wowsa Adam. It’s amazing. Glad I was quick enough to get it.

donscpoo, Bmurray and Comprehensivist like this.
  3. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    This is a great idea!

4. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Updated

5. DirtyPhill

DirtyPhill

Nov 13, 2007
    Is this change effective immediately?

6. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Other than a few available blades I have left and all orders up to the end of May, yes it is.

7. DirtyPhill

DirtyPhill

Nov 13, 2007
    Well two weeks late and a dollar short still giddy with anticipation!

8. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Once I work out finishing methods for the Convex grinds I can take orders for aeb-l and cpm 154.

lyco.woodsrunner likes this.
  9. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Adam, I saw on your website that Aeb-L and Cmp154 might be options for custom orders. Should these options be available could current custom orders waiting to be made be changed to one of these steels. I understand these steels could increase the final customer price. Thanks

10. Turth

Turth Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    A surcharge involved for sure, but this would be a very nice option to offer considering existing orders in thin 52100 are being changed to O1. Nonetheless, it would be a a lot more work for Adam and it sounds like supply issues have just finally been sorted. I'd be fine either way.

11. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    It is an option, but I’m still testing finishing methods for the stainless convex grinds, so there will be a slight delay to switch a convex over.

12. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Thank you for your response and I am looking forward to receiving my first two AA blades. You work is amazing.

13. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Adam, will you be trying to get a 60 to 62 RC range on the AEB-L steel? What are your opinions on that? I have heard that AEBL at that range hits the optimal performance level. As long as the heat treat is correct.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot.

14. mjbine

mjbine Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Any updates since 1/13/2018?

15. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm planing to put an update up this weekend.

16. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Custom order status and News/Announcements pages updated.

17. mjbine

Jan 12, 2011
    Adam,

Would you be able to tell me when customs order with O1 that was ordered July 2017 will be completed? Based on your information, it seems like May 2018. If that is the case please let me know. Thank you

18. DirtyPhill

DirtyPhill

Nov 13, 2007
    Will there be another update soon? Have see some interesting things on Instagram a do genuinely enjoy the shop updates.

19. mjbine

Jan 12, 2011
    No Updates since 2/24/2018....when would you be able to update us on our custom orders? Thank you

20. Silas

Silas Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Yes. It's been quite a while.