Damascus Umnumzaan ?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by roger_1, Apr 6, 2011.

1. roger_1

roger_1

Mar 24, 2011
    Hey guys,

Im pretty knew to CR knives, Ive had a Wilson Startac (the wilson combat umnumzaan) for a few months new and I really love the knife.

Ive been thinking about buying a second CR knife, and was thinking about getting a damascus seb, but I really like the size of the umnum.

Do you think CR would make a umnum blade out of damascus, or would I need to order the whole knife as a custom piece ?

My goal would be an Umnum with the carvings like on the wilson startac, but with a damascus blade.

Any advice or thoughts ?

Thanks

2. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    CRK probably will not consider it..Cool idea, and you are always welcome to email them.

3. rororo64

rororo64

Sep 5, 2010
    Ive emailed them before about this, and they aren't planning on making a damascus version of the Umnumzaan but it might happen one day.

4. roger_1

roger_1

Mar 24, 2011
    thanks for the replies guys, oh well I guessIll have to wait and see if they make something like this later down the road.

Im pretty new to the world of knives, anybody know of someone who might be willing to make just the blade out of demascus that I could swap out on my knife ?

5. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    I had similar thoughts a while back about damascus blades but it seems that is a direction CRK don't want
    to take the Umnumzaan. I can of course understand why but I still want one. :grumpy:........ :p:thumbup:

6. Markous

Markous

Sep 9, 2008
    Put me down for one :D

7. lujohns2

lujohns2

Nov 22, 2017
    They made 20, 10 tanto and 10 harpoon this year for GX:)

8. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    Ok, what's GX? Bart

9. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Mar 19, 2002
    Gathering 10- USN

10. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    Love to have a "harpoon" Um in Damascus!!!! Post a photo someone...... please????

11. gmarthur

gmarthur

Mar 5, 2007
    Not my pic. Found on Reddit.

[​IMG]

- Greg

Scottitall2 and Murphjd25 like this.
  12. TTTis

TTTis

Mar 8, 2010
    That tanto is ridiculous! Very nice.