Photos Dang it!!!! Dropped my BK 18

So I was putting my knife back in the sheath which was attached to my belt but completely missed. It went straight down and hit my concrete patio. I picked it up and noticed that it fell on the tip. Dang it why do all my tips get damaged? It really wasn’t too bad. Took my Lansky to it and sharpened it back up, just won’t have that factory tip that I loved.
49740436688_deb13e49a1_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
What about your patio?

LOL!

I was cutting some weeds, new Maples, and other BS behind our other office, two summers back, with my
BK21.

It was really hot, I had just come from the airport (without even going in the building - I had my 21 in my checked luggage) and accidentally put the blade tip into one of the concrete blocks on the adjoining building and got a tiny bit of the tip squared off.

The concrete block looked like it was shot at

Last edited:
I was half expecting this to be a joke thread where someone had place a bk18 at the edge of a canyon or ravine or something and had my heart broken by accident. RIP.
It should sharpen out completely on the second sharpen though, so there's always that. At least is wasn't a wharncliffe or something equally delicate.

Actually considering the fall this tip is pretty tough. It was just one of those "dang it" moments and I am sure I will have many more. I guess I will have to get another one just for the safe, actually already ordered it last night. lol

Bumps, scratches, dings, bent/broken tip...all part of loving a knife. :)
Safe queens don’t tell YOUR story. :D

Still a bummer, but wont be the last time!

lol that didn’t take long. Luckily you were able to fix it up. That’s what’s good about Beckers; they’re not crazy expensive to the point where you’d be shedding a tear if you drop them.
It could have been worse, you could have tried to catch it :eek: It actually took the fall well considering :thumbsup::thumbsup: it will look like new again with sharpening ;)
Yeah, that’d be me. I have a bad habit of trying to lessen the fall of a tool with my boot. Works well at work with my steel toes, not so much at home with my slippers...

Last edited:
Back