1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demko Model Request

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by PeteyTwoPointOne, Jan 30, 2019.

1. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I own 2 4Maxes.

Both mine are bombproof with OUTSTANDING F&F! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One gets used, the other is a pre-need replacement < aka safe-queen :p>.

But let's get down to brass tacks....I think a CS Run of AD-10 collab models, up to the standard of production CS is capable of, is long overdue.

And I don't wanna hear any boo birds chanting that American Lawman IS a production AD10:thumbsdown:

I own 2 first production AL's and they're a fine model standing on it's own merits. But when I hold the AL in one hand and my AD10 in the other, it's no comparison.

OTOH, when I hold my 4Max and my Demko custom 4Max, they are VERY close to the same thing in form and function!

I'd like a true CS/AD-10 collab to be like the 4Max run, that is, as close to identical to the original as allowable and practical. :D

So how about it? What do you guys think?...Lynn, hope you're lurking around here....

DavidZ likes this.
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Ummm...where have you been? They are doing the AD10 and AD15 for 2019. Few different threads about it, here and in GKD.

jbmonkey likes this.
  3. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah, the AD10 coming out is similar. I would like to see it done in the same manner as the 4Max, with Ti, etc. I hope the fit and finish is good one these.

4. PeteyTwoPointOne

Jun 10, 2014
    I haven't been around here, that's clear :oops:

This news made my week, I'm gonna go search for what info I can!

jstn likes this.
  5. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    So you literally opened up the cold steel forum. Bypassed looking at the most recent threads, 1 or 2 of which include ad10 in the title, and decided to waste your own time? That’s hilarious

Insipid Moniker and jlauffer like this.
  6. Popsickle

Popsickle Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    It won’t be. No Ti only aluminum liners. The 4 max was way to expensive for apt of people who love cold steel. The price of the ad10 and ad15 is just right

7. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yeah, and I suspect the difference in strength in Ti and aluminum is negligible. As long as the fit and finish are good, I am in for one, maybe two. The 4Max is a bit pricey for my taste.

Popsickle likes this.
  8. M. Johnwell

M. Johnwell

Jan 8, 2015
    I got to hold and play with an ad-10 at the CS booth in a gun show this weekend. The action on it was phenomenal for a tri-ad lock, absolutely would drop shut with the lock open, easy to flick open (and that’s coming from someone who’s more used to thumb holes than studs). Ergos were excellent, fit and finish looked pretty nice. Ended up getting the ad-15 instead because it’s a good bit smaller, but I very seriously considered the-10.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  9. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Good to hear, sounds like they did a good job. All the things you described are exactly how my custom AD-10 behaves, definitely going to pick one up to see, will also grab an AD-15 so i can keep my custom one as scratch free as possible. If possible it'd be great if you could post some real close up pics of all angles and the lock mechanism, would be appreciated so i can compare it to my custom version. Cheers

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  10. PeteyTwoPointOne

Jun 10, 2014
    Any of you guys remember analogies in high school? :confused:;)

If production 4Max is to Custom 4Max as production AD10 is to Custom AD10, then I'll be a super happy camper!

11. LarsAnna

LarsAnna Going to Valhalla Platinum Member Basic Member

Aug 9, 2014
    I own 3 4-Max's and I have both the AD10 and the AD15 on pre-order.