1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Discontinued models returning?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Catmouth, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    As a new Becker fan I was wondering if there are any plans to reproduce older out of production models like the BK 10 or BK1? Were these models phased out because of moving to improved designs or because the company changing business partners or...? Just wondering since I am fairly new and don't know the back story on why some models are not around anymore and if they will ever return. Thanks

EDIT well, I guess I can not read. NOW I see the sticky that lists all the models. :foot: Mods, you can lock/destroy/mock me this thread.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. B.Mauser

B.Mauser KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 22, 2011
    The Bk 10's took much longer to sell than Kabar wanted. I really don't think they will ever make them again.

There is a rumor that Uncle E wants to bring back the BK1 and BK6 in the next few years but its way too early to get excited yet.

Every year Kabar announces its new stuff at SHOT show in January. Usually by late winter we know what will be announced then we go crazy talking about it for 6 months.

We have a whole summer to argue over tweeners and machaxs before then.

3. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    IMO, I think it was because of the high price point. You've got to be pretty deticated to spend $180 bucks on a knife...Even I would'nt do that and I'm pretty crazy.

4. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    The BK1 and BK6 are in the works.

We have seen proto's from over seas, but I am pretty sure they are going to make them in Olean now.

The reason they were looking at overseas work, is that way they could get them made, and out in a timely fashion. Since making the decision to go stateside, the downside to the USA Made products is time.

They will make a come back, but the earliest I would expect them would be 2013.

Moose

5. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Bring back the Brute!! Being new to Beckers that is the one that I do get excited about.

6. The Warrior

The Warrior Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    But the BK10LE's were just that, limited editions. If they put a regular BK10 into production, it wouldn't be that high.

7. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    Somebody needs to track down a big stack of old Brute blanks... That would be an LE worth ponying up for. The 10 always looked like a cute little baby 9 to me. Aww who's a cute little knife, yes you are tensy wensy.

8. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    ?...I know thats what I'm saying, that the price is why they didnt sell very fast, give it a 70 price tag and they'd be as many left as there are dinosaurs. Speaking of dinos, the brute is what you need to field dress a T-Rex.

9. B.Mauser

B.Mauser KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 22, 2011
    I agree completely and that is the reason why i don't own one. They are neat knives but just not worth the $ to me.

That's a great point and one I didn't think of. If they were about the same price as a 7 or 9 I would probably buy one.

10. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Well, for the record, they weren't that much for Beckerheads. ;)

11. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    Thats the best news I have heard in awhile! the Brute and Machete are two of my favorite Becker designs! Woot Woot!

Gonna get me some Brute Lovin' hell yeah! (in TOTALLY unghey sense of the term ''brute lovin'' LOL)

12. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Have always liked the design of the Brute myself.

13. B.Mauser

Jul 22, 2011
    We weren't all beckerheads yet back then. They were full price by the time I new about them.

I hope we look back fondly at the time when we all got Machaxs for $85. :)

14. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I understand. Even at the full price, it isn't hard to get your money back, or, of course, make a few bucks on it. Still pondering the though of selling or trading mine. Can't make up my mind. Seems pointless to have it, and not use it. On the other hand, if I keep it for a few years, I'll be able to get a few more dollars for it.

15. Moosez45

Jul 14, 2010
    One of the knives I'm gonna put up for sale is one of my BK10LE's.

I got one I'm not using and two that I am, so.......

Moose

16. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Perhaps not the place to ask, but what do you think is a reasonable price for the BK10LE?

17. flipaldinho

flipaldinho

Jan 18, 2012
    I could Brute it up real nice... I have always thought it looks like a hybrid between a Roman gladiator short sword and a crazy-cool machete. I'll take one of THOSE!

18. Tyler_C

Tyler_C

Jul 18, 2011
    i love the LOOK of the brute i almost ponied up for one on eprey but didnt due to not so great reviews. are there going to be any changes to the new ones to make them BE the knife they LOOK like?

19. Moosez45

Jul 14, 2010
    I was playing with the prototype a couple of weeks ago. Seems thinner, lighter with more defined grinds on it. It was the overseas model, but it looked and felt better than the ones I've had before. The Brute is my least favorite of the BKT lineup, it kinda just seems of place, with the 9 and 4 out on the streets.

Moose

20. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    I must say again...this is awesome news!

The Brute is a ''must-have'' item for the Zombie Apocalypse! lmao