DLT Bestman Sheepsfoot

Does anyone have this knife? If so, how are you liking it? I love the blade shape on these, but I’m a little unsure about the handle since it’s kind of square and boxy on the ends. For those carrying it, is it comfortable to handle and to carry in the pocket? Thanks!

Does anyone have this knife? If so, how are you liking it? I love the blade shape on these, but I’m a little unsure about the handle since it’s kind of square and boxy on the ends. For those carrying it, is it comfortable to handle and to carry in the pocket? Thanks!
I don't own the DLT SFO but I have both single and 2 blade standard Best Mans with the bolsters on the ends. I my opinion, they are exceptional knives.

I prefer the 2 blade model because its extra width provides a very confident in hand feel. The single blade is good in the hand too but I like the grip on the 2 blade better.

As for the boxy look, I held off buying a Best Man for that very reason. Then I kept looking at them and finally decided to try one. I bought the Ebony 2 blade first. Liked it so much that I bought the Carbon Fiber 2 blade as a back up just in case. Then a few months later I thought I might like the pinchable blade on the single blade model so I bought one of those too.

Nowadays when I think about the boxy look the only thing that comes to mind is that I like it. Both models are comfortable to carry and use but it should be noted that I've never been bothered by thick knives. Hence I prefer the 2 blade model.

The absence of bolsters on the DLT SFO does not appeal to me but I'm sure it's probably an exceptional knife too. I do like the idea of a single sheepsfoot blade but I just gotta have those bolsters. If I'm buying a knife made partially of Titanium, I want a little bit more of it than the DLT SFO's have to offer.

IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_5148.JPG

Last edited:
I don't own the DLT SFO but I have both single and 2 blade standard Best Mans with the bolsters on the ends. I my opinion, they are exceptional knives.

I prefer the 2 blade model because its extra width provides a very confident in hand feel. The single blade is good in the hand too but I like the grip on the 2 blade better.

As for the boxy look, I held off buying a Best Man for that very reason. Then I kept looking at them and finally decided to try one. I bought the Ebony 2 blade first. Liked it so much that I bought the Carbon Fiber 2 blade as a back up just in case. Then a few months later I thought I might like the pinchable blade on the single blade model so I bought one of those too.

Nowadays when I think about the boxy look the only thing that comes to mind is that I like it. Both models are comfortable to carry and use but it should be noted that I've never been bothered by thick knives. Hence I prefer the 2 blade model.

The absence of bolsters on the DLT SFO does not appeal to me but I'm sure it's probably an exceptional knife too. I do like the idea of a single sheepsfoot blade but I just gotta have those bolsters. If I'm buying a knife made partially of Titanium, I want a little bit more of it than the DLT SFO's have to offer.

View attachment 1373805
View attachment 1373806

I really like single blade sheepsfoot knives, but I wasn’t quite sure about the handle. I’m also not sure about the decorative torx heads on that micarta. It looks odd to me with 2 decorative screws and 2 plain screws on one solid piece of material. They look great on the ones with bolsters, though. I really wish I could get one with bolsters with the single sheepsfoot or wharncliffe. If that was an option, I’d have bought one already.

I really like single blade sheepsfoot knives, but I wasn’t quite sure about the handle. I’m also not sure about the decorative torx heads on that micarta. It looks odd to me with 2 decorative screws and 2 plain screws on one solid piece of material. They look great on the ones with bolsters, though. I really wish I could get one with bolsters with the single sheepsfoot or wharncliffe. If that was an option, I’d have bought one already.
I completely understand. When I saw the single blade bolstered models I emailed a dealer (not DLT) to see if he had any information about a single sheepsfoot model in the future. He said he had not heard of anything. Then I saw the DLT SFO's and I thought to myself. "Dang, so close to what I was wanting, yet so far".:(

I completely understand. When I saw the single blade bolstered models I emailed a dealer (not DLT) to see if he had any information about a single sheepsfoot model in the future. He said he had not heard of anything. Then I saw the DLT SFO's and I thought to myself. "Dang, so close to what I was wanting, yet so far".:(
Yep. That’s what I thought, too.

Back