Does "word of mouth" sell Beckers?

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
I'll be honest. I had never heard of BK&T until a few months ago. I'm now a pround owner of a BK-2 and BK-11. I'm addicted to the simplistic greatness of these knives. I will end up owning the entire Becker line up I'm sure. These knives are great. They're everything I want and need in a knife and then some. I don't need to tell you all how great they are.

Here's my question...
How did you find out about BK&T?
Does Ka-bar do any marketing for the BK&T line, and if so, in what medium? How often?...etc
I just feel like everyone in the world needs to know about these knives.

Googled survival knives. BK2 kept showing up. Researched and bought it. Found this place on Google during the same time period.

looked for a good knife since my hunting knife blew, came across the becker necker and was shocked about a knife i could wear around my neck. found bladeforums. became the diesel weasel.

Googled survival knives. BK2 kept showing up. Researched and bought it. Found this place on Google during the same time period.

x2

It's basically stills word of mouth. It's just through the interwebs. :D
If you google "survival knife" and you don't see the BK2 pop up 1000 times, then your intertoob has a flat. ;)

Becker knives just kept popping up in the suggestions for you section on Amazon. They still do :D So I started researching them and found this place. It was all downhill after that.

x2

It's basically stills word of mouth. It's just through the interwebs. :D
If you google "survival knife" and you don't see the BK2 pop up 1000 times, then your intertoob has a flat. ;)

this popped up when i googles survival knife. i cant wait to throw myself into harms way and fight unrealistaclly out of it while drink my own urine.

RamboSurvivalKnife.jpg

this popped up when i googles survival knife. i cant wait to throw myself into harms way and fight unrealistaclly out of it while drink my own urine.

Tell the truth. You're dying to strip and etch that.

To be honest for me it was through Equip2Endure, I like their (Adam's) videos and he loves the BK2. I was shopping for a new camping/hiking knife at the time and of all the ones he talks about the BK2 was the most affordable without sacrificing ANY quality. That sparked me getting more into knives than I was already and that brought me here.

E2E- www.equip2endure.com

I'd say in my experience people have to use them to see the quality, I haven't had much luck just telling folks about them.

1st ran across Beckers in an old Tactical Knives mag article. I know at least 5 BKTs were sold since by word of my mouth to my buddies and coworkers

Survival knives are knives intended for survival purposes in a wilderness environment, often in an emergency situation when the user has lost most of his/her main equipment. Military units issue some type of survival knife to pilots in the event their plane may be shot down. Survival knives can be used for trapping, skinning, wood cutting and other uses. Hunters, hikers, and outdoor sport enthusiasts use survival knives. Some survival knives are heavy-bladed and thick; others are lightweight or fold in order to save weight and bulk as part of a larger survival kit. Their functions often include serving as a hunting knife.

##############################

I saw some Beckers advertised for sale in a Brigade Quartermaster catalog back in the very early 90s and ended up buying the Reinhardt kukri. That was my camp knife for about 10 years. I've since added about 6 more Beckers to the fold.

I was looking for a good beltknife to replace the longknife I've been carrying. Something tough and solid.
Originally I ran into ESEE and liked their products, but my pockets didnt run that deep.
Then I found Becker knives referenced in their forum and found my way to this forum. I liked the product, really liked the prices and bought my first Becker, the BK2! Have since added a BK14 to the fold as my EDC and am chomping at the bit to get MOARR!!!!

Yes, word of mouth helps sales. I just recently began looking at several corners of Blade forums. After reading posts by all of you I had to get a couple Beckers. The cost of entry is reasonable and anything I learn is invaluable. If you guys had not spoke so highly of your Beckers, I would most likely not own any. Especially the limited run BK-10. Had the info on that one not been posted, I would not have known it existed.

Agreed, for me it was word of mouth. A friend recommended the BK2 when I was looking for my first real knife. I then saw videos online -- first was at Hedgehog Leatherworks' site, Paul Scheiter sells the Bk2 along with 3-4 other knives. Then I saw other Youtube vids, including Adam Francis' Equip2Endure vids. I got my BK2 and immediately got a BK9 (back when they also came with the BK13s) and a BK11. Later added a BK14. Planning on a BK4 Machax, a BK5, and probably one or more tweeners soon as well.

Word of mouth...no luck for me yet. Knife in hand has done it every time. I'm not kidding, I have 3 brother-in-laws, 4 friends, and a nephew who all now have BK&T knives because they got a chance to use one of mine. I did gift a bunch of 11's and 14's, too, and most of them have bought 2's or 9's to go with it.

Absolutely; this forum and subforum is why I bought my first Becker (BK2) as well as the next seven, as well as more KA-BARs than I can currently count.

Y'know what else sells Beckers? Brab cutting open refrigerators with them :D

Y'know what else sells Beckers? Brab cutting open refrigerators with them :D

This is why I bought my BK2. I bought my BK11 on recommendations from here. I bought my 10 because I saw a pic on this forum in the contest and I knew I needed one. Word of mouth is huge in any business.

Back