• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Dozier Bowie for Sale

Dozier D2 Ranger, ground to a razor edge. 6 3/8" blade and a green Micarta handle.

Never used or sharpened…., MINT. I bought the knife 1 ½ years ago at Dozier’s table, during the Blade Show. Great knife… tough, with .200” piece of steel.

When I bought it, in 2004, it costed $370. I’m selling this knife for $300, for CONUS. That includes Priority Mail, priority, delivery confirmation, etc.

No PayPal…, preferably USPS Money Order.

No Trades, Please

You can see the picture attached.

Attachments

• Dozier Bowie.jpg
    Dozier Bowie.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 567
I just looked at Dozier's online setup.., and it *does* looks to a Ranger. I never looked at it..., the cost had been a tag of $355, but the Dozier woman on the table told me it was a bowie, and the tag was supposed to be $375, and I had to buy it for $375.

I just moved into a new house two months back, and I haven't been able to find the receipt I'd gotten..., but, obviously, I'll change the name of the knife :foot:. Jeeezz, I hate that.

And, yeah, the knife is 6 3/8" blade, which is slightly longer than Ranger, but significantly shorter than bowie.

Kirk Duckworth

Kirk, I would say ,that, if Dan Crotts says it's a Dozier Ranger,it's probably a Dozier Ranger.The only other person I can think of,that would know better,would be Bob Dozier.It's a real beauty,I wish I could do it,Good Luck with your sale!

Nice Snag,Balislinger,if I do say !!

VCM3 said:
Nice Snag,Balislinger,if I do say !!
Thanks, my first Dozier. I've been looking to pick one up for a while. Anything to know about Dozier knives? I know nothing

Balislinger,When it arrives,you'll see,Solid as a Rock,Tight!!,Razor sharp,and Bob's handles seem to never tire the hand.Great Kydex sheath,There was a time when I was looking at this particular knife,couldn't do it tonight,the timing was bad.You'll probably start looking at other Doziers,after you get this one.The folders are the real challenge to obtain!! Lots of luck with it,Have Fun !

Balislinger said:
Thanks, my first Dozier. I've been looking to pick one up for a while. Anything to know about Dozier knives? I know nothing

I've got the exact same Dozier as you're picking up here. It's one of my favorites. You'll love it, I'm sure. :thumbup:

HEY..., mine IS bowie!!! Well..., sort of bowie; the Dozier woman told me it was a bowie!

Well..., apparently, some people (or most people) don't know what they have. Even me :confused: :rolleyes:

Kirk,time to time,they may change the blade lengths,a little here and there,if it is a Ranger,it's still a bowie style.Never held one,how thin is the grind,compared to other hunter models?

I've got a bunch of Doziers.., a Canoe, Pro Guide, Slim Outdoorsman, Yukon Pro Skinner, and a couple others, and the Ranger is significantly thicker because Ranger's hollowing (correct word..., shoot, I HATE having lost many words on my stroke) of the knife starts further from the back..., but the knife is still gets significantly thinner as it gets to the middle and edge.

FYI, this is what Dozier calls his Bowie. Pic taken from the Dozier website. Slightly different style. No top thumb ramp, and the clip doesn't go quite as far back. I prefer the Ranger, but this one is cool too. :)

I so the same picture in Dozier's Internet "Online".., and I agree, I like the Ranger better, too. The bowie's blade started thinning half way down, which I very seldom allow for me.

I liked the one I saw at the table, and grabbed it. It didn't say what particular name..., it was just what the Dozier woman called it.

Not to make this any more complex(?). But the knife in question is indeed the RANGER model as a few have already mentioned. But the style of this knife is a Bowie type. There can be many Bowie type knives with different cataloged names from any number of makers. Perhaps the "woman" at the Dozier table meant it was a Bowie type knife. But didn' t mention it was cataloged as the RANGER model. Just semantics. But no ill intentions I' m sure. Enjoy a great blade!

N.

Just received the knife and it is just as described, but not exactly what I am looking for. So it's back up for sale, same price, $300 shipped CONUS. Thanks

Back