DPx HEST/F Milspec

RamZar

Gold Member
Received my DPx HEST/F Milspec today. Great 3" blade. What tool do you use to adjust the pivot? It's different than my HEST/F T3.

Site says they are 7/64" Hex, so you need a 7/64" hex driver (Allen wrench).

Knife did not include a product manual by mistake so they're sending me one. I figured the 7/64 inch HEX bit using my 40-bit Leatherman.

Right now, going through the titanium sticky frame lock issue.

Superb folder at just the right blade length of a tiny bit over 3 inches, very slim and light. You also get a very thick Sleipner blade, glass breaker, bottle opener and wire strippers. Great value under $200!

Looking for one, but cannot find it anywhere! KW just sold them out right before I wanted to make order... So overall - you're happy with it? How's Sleipner steel holding? Can't find much reviews about it..

Last edited:
Looking for one, but cannot find it anywhere! KW just sold them out right before I wanted to make order... So overall - you're happy with it? How's Sleipner steel holding? Can't find much reviews about it..

The DPx HEST/F Milspec seems to be sold out now everywhere. I'll post some pictures later.

It's a fantastic folder with a great thick sharp Sleipner steel blade and it's going to be my primary EDC. I'd love to see someone make a CF scale to replace the G10 side. Not just for looks but to deploy from pocket faster.

Specifications:

Open length: 7.63" / 194mm
Closed length: 4.38" / 111mm
Cutting edge: 3.10" / 79mm
Titanium alloy frame thickness: 0.165" / 4mm
G10 scale thickness: 0.165" / 4mm
Blade Thickness: 0.2" / 5mm
Weight: 4.9oz / 139g

Here's the data on the UDDEHOLM SLEIPNER steel.

A VERSATILE TOOL STEEL
The property profile of Uddeholm Sleipner is more versatile and superior to that of 12 % Cr-steels. The machinability, grindability and hardenability are much better and it is easier to make small repair welds. This means that Uddeholm Sleipner is the right choice for faster toolmaking. The significantly better chipping resistance also result in better tool performance and easier maintenance.

Some pictures of my DPx HEST/F Milspec. The titanium frame lock stickiness has improved dramatically. Should be good to by next week. Trying to see if I can get a custom CF scale to replace the G10.

3b064334-515e-4d7f-ad07-46a463e03733_zps51818cb3.jpg

4ce8ef57-c3e7-42d5-82a4-348148eee217_zpsba0a6a4e.jpg

07b0ae5a-fe37-42f8-8674-430c60477082_zpsdc1bf7c6.jpg

6d99a2b3-f324-48bc-8a65-894e603a43f2_zps40ec5e41.jpg

Sold out? Crap, that's what I get for waiting.

Does the blade seem to move a little easier than the regular black versions? I've heard theories before that stonewashed/uncoated blades tend to deploy a little smoother than coated versions.

Sold out? Crap, that's what I get for waiting.

Does the blade seem to move a little easier than the regular black versions? I've heard theories before that stonewashed/uncoated blades tend to deploy a little smoother than coated versions.

After break in both (I have the Milspec and T3) are operating very smoothly. I prefer a serrated edge myself but you cannot beat the Milspec one for the 3" blade. Just great.

The DPx HEST/F Milspec is now officially my go to EDC folder. Short of Boston, Mass. I can carry it anywhere. Very robust construction with a beefy titanium frame lock. Additionally, the RotoBlock allows me to transform it into a fixed blade knife. Glass breaker is a must have.

By the way, the numbers on the spine of the handle are: SKU Number, Manufacturing Date and Sequence Number (Serial#).

6d99a2b3-f324-48bc-8a65-894e603a43f2_zps40ec5e41.jpg

Looks like KW has them back in stock, I ordered one.

Also got yet another plain OD 2.0 for a little... Tinkering. :D :D

I am very happy with mine. It is a goods value for a very sturdy knife. Mine did not come very sharp but a little time on the Wicked Edge and it was perfect.

KW and KC have them.. finally! BHQ should have it in a week or so.. Just ordered one, can't wait!

I got my Milspec today and I have to say it's easily the best HEST/F I've had the pleasure of owning. The action is super smooth. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is now a phosphor bronze washer as well as a nylon washer instead of just nylon. The Sleipner steel feels really... Different. Almost slippery, which makes sense considering "Sleipner" or "Sleipnir" means "slippery" in old Norsk. (It was also the name of Odin's 8-legged horse)

Really really really like it.

Just received mine (took ages!!) and I got lucky, serial #130. Lost Cosmonaut is right, steel feels somewhat slippery - and I'm feeling very positive about that, slicing food is a breeze. Great knife, loving it much more than HEST 2.0 ! It only needs to break in, lock is a little stiff since it's new. Love it !

Does anyone know, if this Sleipner steel blade fits in the scales of the normal Hest/F 2.0?

Does anyone know, if this Sleipner steel blade fits in the scales of the normal Hest/F 2.0?

Yes. I did it and it works fine, even with the stonewash Ti frame as well. The plain 2.0 I used has a sticky lock and it's not any better with the different blade so I gotta figure that out but it fits and works great.

Thanks for your answer. Are all the measurements exatctly the same? I will get a custom made leather holster for my Hest/F 2.0 and I want to be sure, that it will also fit the Milspec.

Knife did not include a product manual by mistake so they're sending me one. I figured the 7/64 inch HEX bit using my 40-bit Leatherman.

Right now, going through the titanium sticky frame lock issue.

Superb folder at just the right blade length of a tiny bit over 3 inches, very slim and light. You also get a very thick Sleipner blade, glass breaker, bottle opener and wire strippers. Great value under $200!

With the knife closed, find the area of the blade that will contact the titanium lock face and color that area in with a pencil! worked great for me and the sticky issue went away really quick

Thanks for your answer. Are all the measurements exatctly the same? I will get a custom made leather holster for my Hest/F 2.0 and I want to be sure, that it will also fit the Milspec.

As far as I can tell, they are pretty much exactly the same. There's a few differences but not in the overall dimensions.

Back