1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Dual Detent Friction Folder

Discussion in 'For Sale: Folders' started by Phil Tham, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Hi All,

Here's another modern friction folder with dual detent springs. The detents engage the blade when it hits the stop in both open and closed position with a little "click". This one shouldn't come open in your pocket. Here's the particulars...
    Blade is ATS34 -hollow ground and satin (belt) finished
    Scales are Ruby Red G10 with very thin white G10 liner
    Frame is 0.05" titanium -jeweled inside
    Couple of decorative mosaic pins
    Backspacer is micarta
    Overall length is just over 7"; 4" closed; blade is 3" tip to scales

Price is $175 with U.S. shipping included. Paypal works or PM for other options. First "I'll take it" does. Questions/comments always welcome. Thanks for lookin! -Phil Tham

2. joebonny

joebonny

Oct 13, 2006
    That is nice an I like the Red G-10, very reasonable price also.

3. DCL Knives

DCL Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2012
    Great looking knife, with a great price! I like it alot. Should sell in no time.

4. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks fellers!

5. SteelYourFace

SteelYourFace

Aug 22, 2012
    Howdy,

I'm new around these parts but have been enjoying the threads and learning quite a bit. I've accumulated a few nice knives over the last couple years from makers such as Bark River, Chris Reeve and Peter Atwood (pocket tools). I've been wanting something custom for sometime and just never pulled the trigger. Several weeks ago Phil posted the knife pictured below and it just spoke to me. I could not be happier with the purchase and the experience was first class all the way. I found Phil and his knives on this great forum, so thanks all around.

Just a perfect companion for the foreseeable future which I'll someday pass down to my son.

Cheers,
    Chris R.
    Ipswich, MA

tham.jpg

6. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks for the kind words Chris!

7. bones555

bones555 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Have any LH flippers?

8. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey Tony...you know I might just have one in the not too distant future :D

9. bones555

bones555 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Just trying to keep you on yout toes Phil.

10. bunny-boiler

bunny-boiler

Sep 24, 2012
    Hi Phil
    I am interest in this.
    Can you advise me if it is still available please and will you post to the UK?
    Many thanks
    Wayne

11. Phil Tham

Phil Tham

Jan 8, 2002
    Hello Wayne,
    The knife is still available and I'd be willing to send it to the UK. I'm not familiar with the duties, taxes, etc, so you'd have to take responsibility for those. I charge $20 to send a small flat rate box via priority international mail, but once it leaves the states I doubt I will have any control over its fate. Holler if you want to give it a shot. Thanks! -Phil