• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Earl Dillon Knives

Up for sale today are four knives by Earl Dillon. He was a knifemaker from Southern California many years ago and has gone on to the great forge in the sky. I bought these over twenty years ago in So. Cal.
I bought them as users and I have used some of them and loved them. Also to be up front and honest they each have their own unique issues. Will sell as a set for $1500

First up is a small Sanbar stag drop point. 6 1/4 OAL, 2 1/4 blade, 3/32 wide. Holds a great edge, has a smaller than BB size blemish on blade, very light and hardly noticeable (rust I thnk). $400
image.jpg
Second is another drop point with a very dark wood handle. 6 3/4 OAL, 2 3/4 blade, 1/8 wide. I let my son use this knife and it came back with a small ding in the handle (tried to capture it in pic, but very hard to show due to my camera skills and dark handle). $400
image(3).jpegimage(4).jpg
Third is my favorite. This is a camp/bushcraft blade that holds a fantastic edge in my opinion. I have used this knife many times and never been disappointed. Handle is a dark red/brown wood. 7 15/16 OAL, 3 1/2 blade, 1/8 wide. Issues with this knife - kind of what I would call crude finish job on handle, pins were not done very well as far as looks, but completely functional (maybe an earlier piece by Earl?) $500
I didn't know I was limited to only 5 pics, if interested I can email pics.
Fourth - I don't know what to call this blade shape. It is 7 1/2 OAL, 3 1/8 blade, 1/8 wide. Handle is a beautiful greyish brown wood. This one has great file work and it looks like someone tried to take the handle off due to marks on the pins. $350 Can email pics if interested

Attachments

• image(1).jpg
    image(1).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image(2).jpg
    image(2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back