• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ebony and Juniper Le Thiers by Regnaud

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB_5

Gold Member
A very stylish Le Thiers in aromatic juniper and ebony bolsters by a maker named Regnaud. This one looks and smells divine. I'll admit that I overpaid for this one because it does have some fit and finish problems, but nothing that will effect its function. The blade is off-centered (no rubbing), and there are some gaps in the back spring and rough finishing on the pins. There is one pin crack on the ebony on the butt of the knife that goes from the pin to the butt. The seller was unaware, so you might want to apply a little glue to stabilize and sand it down. Or just leave it. It is meant to be a gentleman's table knife, so if you are using it for something else, you're going off the beaten path. The knife handle is about 4 1/4 in., so it is a hand filler, but quite slim as well. I paid $132, but given the flaws I'm asking $110 OBO.
IMG_8607.jpeg

IMG_8608.jpeg

IMG_8609.jpeg

IMG_8610.jpeg

IMG_8611.jpeg

IMG_8612.jpeg

IMG_8621.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back