1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Ed Fowler - Camp knife!

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by 2knife, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 2knife

2knife

Mar 13, 2002
    Vintage era 1992/1993, by Ed Fowler. For your viewing pleasure! Well seasoned.

[​IMG]

2. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    very earthy looking. do you use it ?

3. 2knife

2knife

Mar 13, 2002
    The former owner used it many years on the farm and hunting, then passed it to his nephew who also used it. I am the third owner, having just acquired it recently. It's a very nice example of Ed Fowler's style and work.
    Thanks for the comment!
    David

4. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Looks like it'd surely cut!!! Nice piece from Ed...:)

5. 2knife

2knife

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks Dawkind! Here's the side B.

[​IMG]

6. Craig Daniel

Craig Daniel

Feb 17, 2016
    I like Ed's style, He makes a nice knife that is made to use.

7. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Always like seeing high quality users

Great knife congrats

8. 2knife

2knife

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks very much Craig & Joe!

Joe, I always enjoy seeing your Blade Show videos from the Diskin USA booth. Informative, and great entertainment!
    David

9. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Thx David

I didn't see Ed this year at Blade

But I don't get out of the booth much :)

10. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Ed's style is not my favorite.

What is my favorite is watching people loosing their blob when discussing his heat treatment :D

DanF and Cole2525 like this.
  11. Ed Fowler

Ed Fowler

Jul 21, 2001
    Thank you gentlemen. I got pretty sick in Feb and did not make it to Blade Show, but am healing up and will be there next year, God willing.

AVigil and Brian77 like this.
  12. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    Ed, missed you at the Show this year. I had hopes to visit again. I am wanting to order a blade from you. I will be in touch. Hope you are doing well.

13. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I wish I could see the pics.... photo bucket strikes again, I presume.

14. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    it was really nice spending a little time with you and Chris a couple years ago at my inaugural Blade show. I still tell folks about you dropping one of your knives, tip first, onto the stone floor of the Pit and the look of horror on everyone's face who witnessed your experiment :) Hope you're feeling and doing well, Ed