Edc knives in the rotation.

Not sure rotation is even the right word. But of all the knives I own, these four are the only ones I consistently carry. The Manix 2 lightweight is my hiking/camping knife. The ZT is my gentleman's folder. Xm-18 is my true edc, and the Phaeton is just new, and the honeymoon phase hasn't worn off yet. Do you guys actually carry all your knives?
Y9di5H9.jpg

I also found it curious how similar the xm handle is to the Matrix, might just be a coincidence. Might be why I gravitate towards them.

I own a ... the mathematical term is "crap ton" of knives. A handful are just collectibles, that rarely see actual use, but most are users. How I handle it is I pull out half a dozen knives and carry them in a daily rotation for a month or two. Then they get put away and a new group comes out.

I don't have a pic but right now I am rotating a Matt Bailey PFB Geek Edition, a PM2, a TAD Dauntless G&G Hawk Edition, a Smock SK23, a Manly 003 Laguiole and a Gareth Bull Shamwari.

How do you like that Phaeton?

Last edited:
I have my main knife I carry in my right front pocket at all times and a small back up blade in my side pocket.
I have others I'd love to carry but in the State I'm currently living in, you can't.

I don't have a "rotation" per se, but it is more of re discovering a knife. I will carry my Inkosi, like I am right now, then I will find my mini grip in the drawer, carry that for a while, then find my PM2, carry that for a while and on and on

How do you like that Phaeton?

I like it a lot so far. Although I don't have a good frame of reference. It's my first auto. It's an s30v Benchmade, what's not to like? :)

Not counting the separate MT, 99% of the time my pouch carry is either a BM 520 or 590. If I'm not carrying a pouch, my back pocket carry knives are either a Buck 112 or a BM 908.

I have 10 that I rotate through for weekdays- 2 per week. Mostly PM2 and Manix 2 models, with a couple of Benchmades thrown in. I have 3 or 4 others that I carry on weekends depending on the circumstances- Manix 2 models or Military models.

1. Demko AD-15 CPM 20CV - The Big Guy
2. Spyderco PM2 CPM M4 PVD Coating - The Workhorse
3. Liong Mah GSD S35VN - The Looker
4. Spyderco Tasman Salt Hawkbill H1 - The Sweaty Dude
5. Benchmade Mini Grip CPM 20CV - The Little Guy

7AF123DD-4CDC-4555-B47A-0B1B557C2008.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have a set rotation ... I do have a handful of knives I carry and it's just kind of what my mood is any given day ... or occasionally I carry something a bit smaller or classier when that need arises.

And I don't carry all my knives. But I have been sorting through and setting aside duplicates and the knives that I bought but just never found their way into my pocket ... going to start thinning them down ... I don't like having knives I don't use ... with a few exceptions of something old with sentimental value that wouldn't have any value to others.

I have too many. I will probably get rid of some eventually because even with rotation it is more than I can carry. Also I usually carry a knife for a month or two before switching. Sometimes the season and thus weather determine what I want to carry.

Lately I have been like f it I'm carrying slim comfortable knives. Overbuilt craze is done for me.

Not counting the separate MT, 99% of the time my pouch carry is either a BM 520 or 590. If I'm not carrying a pouch, my back pocket carry knives are either a Buck 112 or a BM 908.

Pouch? Is that like a fanny pack? Or something entirely different?

Pouch? Is that like a fanny pack? Or something entirely different?

Since many folding knives don't come with a sheath/holster, if you are to look for an inexpensive alternative, you will find the more spartan options called "belt pouches". If you are sensitive about those things, you can call them holsters. For example, the NiteIze cell phone pouch/holster will fit both a Galaxy S8 and a Spyderco Paramilitary in its secondary compartment.

That being said, I have no problems carrying actual fanny packs when traveling or camping. I find them handy for tolls and my phone when riding cross country. I used a huge one while canoeing in the Boundary Waters. Some forum members carry belt pouch organizers. I just use a camera belt pouch for when I need to EDC more without resorting to my backpack or briefcase.

My universal pouch for many of my EDC knives is a Swiss Army Swiss Tool Cordura Nylon Belt Pouch:

Swiss Army SwissTool Cordura Nylon Belt Pouch
sa33232x1000.jpg

No rotation here. I just carry what I feel like. But lately I have been carrying my regular 111mm SAK and the Steel Will Mini Cutjack flipper. Seems like a good pair. I have a lot of knives that could be incorporated into my regular carry group. In particular, I would like to carry more traditional knives, the Spyderco Native 5 and Kiwi 4, and the Lionsteel small Opera.

I don't rotate. A large CRK Sebbie clipped in my pocket...a 3" fixed in cross-draw sheath on my belt. Same every day...quite content.

Back