EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Zeroedin

Gold Member
Corsican Pialincu accompanying me on a quick jaunt to the store this evening. This one is the Maple Burl version.....
moXGavX.jpg
ks5KzSD.jpg
WROshlb.jpg

This is one of the few Chinese made knives that I have to grudgingly admit really catches my eye. I dig that blade-shape.
If you don't have a Civivi you should try one. They are a lot of knife for the money. I'm big on usa made knives not sure how many I have but I think I'm up too 14 ZT's, I just love the quality and price of the Civivi's

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
Here ya go, Kmikaz3 Kmikaz3 , here's the for-now tail I tied on my new-to-me SSE last night. I've got these blue glass ferruled beads that I bought off the Big River Site, 5 for like $7.50, that I often use for placeholders until I find something specific that I like for a particular knife. They're nice 'coz they don't beat up the finish and pretty much look OK in any combo. I did find a couple beads I liked from a favorite maker on the Artsy Craftsy site last night that should go well with this one, but will have to wait a bit as they ship from the other side of the pond.

The weather's been cruddy all day with intermittent rain melting the inch or so of slushy snow that was on the ground this morning, so I shot these in the woodshed as it was too sloppy for knife pics out in the open.

iHRy3F0.jpg

o8QH5au.jpg

H5dkkLA.jpg

Kmikaz3

Gold Member
Basic Member
Here ya go, Kmikaz3 Kmikaz3 , here's the for-now tail I tied on my new-to-me SSE last night. I've got these blue glass ferruled beads that I bought off the Big River Site, 5 for like $7.50, that I often use for placeholders until I find something specific that I like for a particular knife. They're nice 'coz they don't beat up the finish and pretty much look OK in any combo. I did find a couple beads I liked from a favorite maker on the Artsy Craftsy site last night that should go well with this one, but will have to wait a bit as they ship from the other side of the pond.

The weather's been cruddy all day with intermittent rain melting the inch or so of slushy snow that was on the ground this morning, so I shot these in the woodshed as it was too sloppy for knife pics out in the open.

iHRy3F0.jpg

o8QH5au.jpg

H5dkkLA.jpg

Looks sharp indeed! I too went gray on gray today. Nothing fancy, diamond knot, 2 serpent knots, damascus bead, reverse serpent knot ;).

327-D6-B2-D-27-FC-4-E03-BB46-73137614-A284.jpg

227-B54-BA-BF9-C-4-B5-A-8106-2-EAB33-B8-B6-AB.jpg

Dcdavis

Gold Member
Good motors
Can’t perform heart transplants without these guys.
dUagnta.jpg
You wouldn’t believe how many calls I’ve been out on and the HVAC guy said they needed an electrician, and it turned out to be a bad motor or compressor. Just my personal opinion but a true HVAC shouldn’t have any problem figuring that one out

Murphjd25

Gold Member
Good motors

You wouldn’t believe how many calls I’ve been out on and the HVAC guy said they needed an electrician, and it turned out to be a bad motor or compressor. Just my personal opinion but a true HVAC shouldn’t have any problem figuring that one out
That’s nuts! Out here I’m the HVAC tech and the electrician! It ain’t rocket science!

Edgeoflife

Gold Member
Late afternoon mail call thanks to our friend @Pharmagator , who's selling off his CKF's over at the Exchange. Ever since I saw Edgeoflife Edgeoflife 's SSE posted on this thread and he and I had a bit of back and forth regarding it, I've had my eye out for one, so I was most pleased when this one popped up.

The knife's just like new and seems a solid piece that I expect will break in to be an excellent user. The action's good on ceramic bearings with easy disengagement, the blackwash-like finish and medium stonewash M390 blade should be nicely wear-hiding, and the 3D fluted, convexed, and nicely shaped handle makes for a reasonably secure grip despite the lack of jimping. The slabs feature generous internal milling to help make this all-metal knife eminently pocketable at 4.75 oz and the sculpted clip seems quite serviceable. Went right in my pocket....

gff4zb4.jpg

R1CkPix.jpg

IMoEg1p.jpg

kRhlrMy.jpg

nF3qEct.jpg

Nice score on the SSE brother! Im kind of fond of that one myself lol as CKF offers good designs and very well made knives as you know, along with the bonus plush pouch and spare parts stash they include whats not to like :). i just had to pull my SSE out to celebrate. Initially i wasn't sure if i would like the weathered DLC handle finish when contemplating the acquisition but once in hand i knew it was a keeper. Congrats :thumbsup:
173076C0-3EF7-4480-8D82-D0B58B2E5575.jpeg

Also couch carrying this little Kizer Swayback button lock flipper i had to check out for its quirky and unique design. After a quick pivot tweak it sorta reminds me of my smock, with a free dropping action despite the light weight blade. While the swayback design is more comfortable than expected it probably won’t be sticking around being a little smaller than i prefer but nice to see a budget button lock offering with decent fidget factor.
7DC79BE7-2F7D-4D8E-A98F-8D38603C1C73.jpeg