• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry Knives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that it is certain that this maker is no longer taking orders, web site is down - no communication, I am going to offer three of my EDMF knives for sale. I have owned all of these knives since new(99-00), and none of them has ever been used, carried, sharpened etc.. The finish on the Bowie and Bolo is a weak blue or black oxide. I'm not sure what the coating is on the Khukuri as it is a matte finish. It could be bluing over a bead-blasted surface or it could be parkerizing. The handles all appear to be finished in barbeque grille paint, but it could be KalGard - I never asked. Mr. Sandberg didn't make any "Show" knives. In your hand, all of the blades and sheaths are in better condition than they appear to be in the pictures. They are just like they were when I received them. It always took a long time to fill an order for one of these knives, and now what's out there is all there will ever be.

For those unfamiliar with EDMF knives, they were made with L6 sawblade steel and had cast aluminum handles. They were known for being extremely tough knives. Not pretty in the usual sense, but gorgeous when being used.

As can be seen in the pics, the Bowie and the Bolo came in their signature, heavy leather sheath, and the Khukuri was supplied with a leather lined Kydex model. I will supply a copy of the original invoice and a copy of Dale's order sheet with each knife. For those of you familiar with Dale's numbering system, the Bowie is an 18/D(12"x2-3/4" blade and 4-3/4" handle), the Bolo is a 19/D(11-1/2"x2-1/2" blade and 4-3/4" handle), and the Khukuri is a 20/A(12-1/2"x2-5/8" blade and 5-1/4"handle). All the blades are approximately .25" thick.

(No longer available)

Questions?, just ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back