Emerson Knives Sharpening

Whether it is a chisel or v grind, aren't all of Emerson's sharpened on just one side only? Thanks

IF WAR IS HELL, TAKE A BETTER PITCHFORK THAN THE DEVIL

Yes there all chisel edged
I had a Raven conventional V-grind and the edge was sharpened only from one side. The chisel edge(and on the wrong side ;) ) is one of the marketing things from EKI-you say chisel edge you think Emerson. But don’t let that make you turn away from buying an Emerson, it isn’t that bad using a chisel-edged knife If it bugs you you can always get it reprofiled at any good knife shop for around 4-5 bucks :D

j.h

I have a CQC7A that has a conventional double grind. The Chisel just doesn't do it for me. I understand that for certain tasks its better, stronger and easier to sharpen, but its just not for me.

Even the Emerson "v" grinds still have a chisel edge. Same as my Spyderco military, scorpius, etc. Works very well:)

Yester5 said:
Even the Emerson "v" grinds still have a chisel edge. Same as my Spyderco military, scorpius, etc. Works very well:)

the spyderco military doesnt have a chisel edge, agree the chisel grinds work fine for what they were designed for.

i have a spear point SOCFK and spec war, i really prefer the tantos in those 2 models myself, easier to sharpen for one thing.

but AFAIK all EKI's are chisel grind, most customs too except for the zero bevels, which really rock, imho the very sharpest knives available from anyone/anywhere short of a scalpel.