EPD Pictures (Now a stripped EPD)

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by cpirtle, Aug 11, 2017.

1. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    I received my BG Ergo Public Defender today.. very cool and makes me even more anxious for the fatty. Love the size and as advertised, very ergonomic :)

Looking forward to seeing some LE's as well.

Here's a few pictures:

PD1.jpg

PD2.jpg

PD3.jpg

Jaxx, Béma and Aias like this.
  2. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    That's really nice looking in hand. Nice score.

How does it feel compared to the BA III, and baby boom?

3. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Nice one Chad! Looks like a mean little blade. :thumbsup:

4. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Got mine but can't keep it. Love it but after last night buying a new AC unit sounds better.
    [​IMG]

Jaxx likes this.
  5. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Nice! Congrats!

I see a nice 2016 Gen 3 Pro Series Wicked Edge system in the background---- I approve!

6. BenL

BenL

Sep 18, 2012
    EPD LE just delivered.

F*#$ yes. I love it.

[​IMG]

Leonardo63, Jaxx and ExtraBaconPlease like this.
  7. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2016
    absolutely LOVE the double talons like that. Hope they bring it out on more models. Very nice LE buddy! ^

BenL likes this.
  8. cpirtle

cpirtle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    OGE14, the Baby Boom has the classic AD handle and is great, the EPD compares well to it, slightly leaner and slightly longer. In my XXL hand it feels spacious. IMO very little compares to the BA III, mine is actually a Desert Anorexic but hard to beat that classic :)

Rob, yeah that's my new toy. I've got a very early Edge Pro with a hand written serial number and dated in 2001 that has served me well, but I wanted a dry diamond system because I don't have the time I used to for sharpening. So far not only is it an amazing system it's like a modern work of art!

On a whim while I was working leather the other night I tossed the EPD into some stripper, finish came off easily and I was amazed to see how clean it was underneath. Literally 15 minutes hand rubbing with scotch pads, two coats of Oxpho-Blue and it is the nicest stripper I have ever done. I have a feeling Busse is Precision Grinding all of their stock and have done some equipment upgrades.. this thing was beautiful under that powder coat.

PD4.jpg

PD5.jpg

PD6.jpg

PD7.jpg

Aias, Jaxx and ExtraBaconPlease like this.
  9. cpirtle

Mar 28, 2001
    BenL - that's a beauty! I have the FatBack coming or I'd have gone for the LE.

BenL likes this.
  10. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Hope you're right.

That one looks beautiful under the coating. It would be a huge bonus if that's how they all look going forward.

I was admiring my comp finish SOB yesterday, and also reminiscing on some of the BIG finish blades that have been moved on. Love me some bare infi that doesn't necessarily have to be satin finished. Hoping we get some factory options brought back soon.

11. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    That does look good. Really good.

12. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Those EPD's are SWEEET!!!

Congrats guys!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: