Europe trip (pic heavy)

Some of you might remember my asking for recommended places to visit in the US North East: (http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/966491-Seeking-advice-Visiting-the-US-North-East) Well, things turned out differently. We had less time for our trip than originally planned and it became likely that we re-locate to the US-MA anyways sometime next year. So we decided to delay our US-adventure and have a Europe trip instead. Thanks for all your kind recommendations once more. We'll make good use of it - just not right now.

I promised some pics from our trip! Here you go:

France, Chamonix: Mer de Glace and Mont Blanc
DSC2648-L.jpg

France, Chamonix: Aiguille du Midi at night
DSC2677-L.jpg

Italy, Lago Maggiore: Borromean Islands
DSC2763-L.jpg

Italy, Lago Maggiore: Stresa
DSC2750-L.jpg

Italy, Lago di Garda: our balcony
DSC2801-L.jpg

Italy, Verona: Arena di Verona
DSC2857-L.jpg

Italy, Verona: Casa di Giulietta (you know Romeo & Juliet)
DSC2896-L.jpg

Italy, Venice: St. Mark's Basilica
DSC3141-L.jpg

Italy, Venice: St. Mark's Basilica
DSC3034-L.jpg

Italy, Venice: Gondola
DSC3176-L.jpg

Italy, Venice: a beautiful clock somewhere near Rialto Bridge
DSC3096-L.jpg

Austria, North Tirol: Trees in sunlight
DSC3317-L.jpg

Austria, North Tirol: Trees in water
DSC3315-L.jpg

The knife that was with me almost everywhere I went:
DSC3421-L.jpg

and because there is no Busse folder yet...
DSC3337-L.jpg

Hope you enjoyed :)

Those are some amazing photos Al... I too love the NMSFNO le pic along with all the others of course :). Looks like you had an awesome trip, thanks for sharing!

Very cool. Nice photos. I bet there are a lot more NMSFNO-on-location photos you have not posted in the hope of photospanking a few of us in the picture challenge threads.:cool:

Beautiful pictures! It look's like it was an awesome place to visit. I've always wanted to go to Italy :thumbup:

Love the pics, especially the Chamonix ones which reminded me that I'd be skiing there in 6 weeks :)

Thanks for the pictures, I spent about a week up at Lake Garda many years ago...Breath taking.

Thanks guys for your kind comments. Italy - especially the northern part - is a place to fall in love with. And the food alone is worth a visit. Our typical restaurant visit started with a soup or salad followed by a plate of pasta, then a second main dish like meat or fish. Finally a dessert and a double espresso. The idea of having a "second main dish" is just lovely. Anywhere eslse I'd feel bad to order two meals per person :) Combine this with the mild climate of northern Italy, a beautiful view over the sea- or countryside and friendly people around you. Aaaah, good memories :)

Last edited:
Back