FAKE CRK MNANDI???

IMG_1054.jpg IMG_1055.jpg IMG_1056.jpg IMG_1057.jpg IMG_1058.jpg IMG_1059.jpg IMG_1060.jpg IMG_1061.jpg IMG_1062.jpg IMG_1063.jpg

Just came accross this (seller pics) and it was just weird looked fake to me there are some obvious signs like hex screw, pocket clip tip but im sure there are others. Just wanted to see if i was correct in my assumption.

What i noticed:
  • Flat screw heads
  • Torx screw heads
  • Pocket clip tip
  • Nail nick for a 2016
  • Blade looks like its pointing a bit up
  • Lock bar relief cut

Last edited:
That one has been going around in some of the social media posts- Definitely a fake.
Old nail nick and the date were the biggest signs- After that, I stopped looking.

Most aren't..they have crappy tape on the surface

That's strange it would seem easier to fake the papers than the knife itself

You keep the real one for yourself, but slap a fake in the box and try to recoup what you spent on the real one. Or you sell the real as a no-doc, then use the box and docs to make the fake more believable.

You keep the real one for yourself, but slap a fake in the box and try to recoup what you spent on the real one. Or you sell the real as a no-doc, then use the box and docs to make the fake more believable.
It seems so easy (to me) to spot the fake. But maybe to the average person, they wouldn't know? I wonder how many people have gotten away with doing such a swap and how many unsuspecting victims are walking around with a fake, thinking it's real?

It seems so easy (to me) to spot the fake. But maybe to the average person, they wouldn't know? I wonder how many people have gotten away with doing such a swap and how many unsuspecting victims are walking around with a fake, thinking it's real?

"It came with all the papers, it has to be real!"

It was a ebay listing as soon as i saw it reported it and it got taken down like an hour later.

All that trouble for garbage. This is sad for people who don't know and get ripped off. I'm glad we have observant people here killing those malicious postings.

It happens all the time with watches. I used to buy/sell real grey market Rolex , Panerai, Cartier, etc. and you really need to know your fakes and be up to date with the details as they improve them all the time.

Boxes and papers were always real. Now its gotten to the point where you have to open the case to inspect movements, and that may not be enough as some put genuine movements in fake cases, its called franken watches.

Needless to say im out of the watch game. Too time consuming. A thank you.

This is what i was afraid of with the Zaan i just got, but mine checked out OK.

I bought a bocote Mnandi here a few weeks ago. I guess I better compare it to some CRK photos to be sure.
Mine sure looks and feels like a real CRK Mnandi.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

Back