Famous Randall knife owners

eveled

Gold Member
i’m interested in specific Randall knives owned by specific people

Here is what I think I know

Gordon Cooper owned an Astro. (that’s an easy one)

4DDFDFEF-2725-4D36-9B2C-4E4CDD310566.jpeg General Westmoreland. A model 5 6” nickel silver double hilt seven spacers ivory handle.

Last edited:
Bradford Angier. Model 5, 6” carbon steel blade, old style square top nickel silver single hilt, black micarta, compass and thong

Thanks I found this picture maybe a model1? I did not know he was Australian or that he died so young.

My wife bought me a Chelsea ships clock for a wedding present. It looks like the one right over his head. 970F3075-DE15-466C-8D43-91DDCD7DA62F.jpeg

Last edited:
John Carroll ( Flying Tigers movie, and many others) #1-8 special order, Guy Clark, dad's Springfield fighter, Robert Stack, original #4-8 double hilt custom fighter IIR..... the pattern for Randall Knife Society club knife #4?

USAF Pilot Francis Gary Powers, a Model 8

From the Orlando Sentinel just after Bo Randall’s death in 1989,

“One [Randall Made knife] also was displayed in Moscow as part of the equipment carried by U.S. pilot Francis Gary Powers when his spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union in 1960.” http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1989-12-27/news/8912272131_1_hunting-knives-randall-knife

Gary_Powers_Flight.jpg

I just ordered my “Bradford Angier” tribute knife.

I thought it would be fun to have it engraved with his name.

The order was approved, but they added “The” to the engraving. I guess they didn’t want me trying to steal his identity? I guess understand why, it’s not my name.

I don’t mind, just thought it was interesting so I’d thought I’d share it. I’m thinking of ordering “The Westmoreland” next.

Last edited:
Ross Allan,had a model 5 also.

Cool idea eveled!
Maybe you could have "The Zacharias" Model 1
Or "The Cooper" model 17.
Maybe something from these as well?
"The George W Ingraham" -Model 18
"The Litch Steinman" -Model 8
"The James Jones" -Model 16
"The Tommy Thompson" -Model 11
"The Ward Gay" -Model 20
These are just those I can think of now,but no doubt there is more.

Last edited:
Cool idea eveled!

Thanks. The idea was why I started this thread in the first place. To make sure I had the details right.

I already have an Astro but not engraved “The Cooper” yet.

Next will be “The Westmoreland”

Then maybe “The Powers”

Thanks for adding to my list!

It’s a tricky thing to nail down the details on some of these knives. You can’t do a tribute knife with just the Model, you need to know what options.

Conversely if they had a no option knife it seems silly to make a tribute.

Last edited:
I forgot about Mr. Flynn and his Randall. I think it was a Model 3?
OP, you can add me to the list.:p

IDK? How famous are you? What is your signature Model and options?

Actors Robert Taylor and Robert Stack

Good to know they were Randall owners. What models? I’m guessing plain Jane model 1’s? Kind of hard to build a tribute knife. Without the specific details.

Thanks for the replies.

IDK? How famous are you? What is your signature Model and options?

Good to know they were Randall owners. What models? I’m guessing plain Jane model 1’s? Kind of hard to build a tribute knife. Without the specific details.

Thanks for the replies.

Back