Field test of new hunter

Rob Simonich

Big Bear
I have been rather absent. I do that during hunting season as we dont buy beef except a nice T-Bone now and then. I have been using the new hunter proto on all the deer we harvest. I like it very much except for the too slick Carbon Fiber handles. I think I will go with textured G-10 on the Mid-Tech version. Here is a picture or two of todays take. :)

I think there was 5 deer in there.

Attachments

• mvc-005f.jpg
    mvc-005f.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 286
Will Fennell, here is what you and your Pa can be doing next fall if you can get some tags. A slightly above average buck. :)

Attachments

• mvc-007f.jpg
    mvc-007f.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 263
Good catches Rob, what did you take them with?How about a closeup of the knife too.Thanks

Hell Rob,I also use a 45-70 only in a marlin guide gun.I have droppped 2 deer with mine and luv the caliber.Hope I get to put my Raven to use this year on a healthy 10 point!

Hey there Rob,

Ya big show off...hehehehehe

I got my little buck at my buddies ranch in Anaconda...little fella but it will do for a start this year. Shot it with my M1A...We were doing some target practice, my buddy saw the deer , bet me I couldnt hit it at 650 yards, I took the bet, two shots later he went down.

I am going to go back out next week with my Marlin 1895 in .45/70

Nice deer by the way Rob

Rob do you reload?I just ordered me a Marlin 1895 in .45-70.Know any good factory loads?I don't reload yet.

I dont reload for the 45-70 anymore. I like the 300 grain Winchester hollowpoints for deer, or the Remington 400 grain soft points for Elk.

You could cook up an awesome load for the Marlin, they are stroner that the 86. However I have never had to shoot anything twice with the 45-70 with either load! :)

Glad to see the freezers are filling up Rob. .45-70, .45 acp, drinks beer and likes knives...man, we may be brothers. I have no artistic talent at all though...so guess you got the brains in the family:)

The gunner grips are great when bloody or wet.

Keep killin' em.

Bruce

Back