1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Finally got a Mnandi!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by addylo, Jan 11, 2016.

1. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    I've been drooling over the Mnandi for about six months and finally pulled the trigger on one. I was always drawn to the snake wood version and waited for just the right pattern to hit the market. It was pure luck that it came along just in time for Christmas. I actually received it in early December (thanks, Derrick!) but had barely enough willpower to put it aside until Christmas evening when I could sneak off to my man-cave and savor the process of opening and exploring it. Man, I'm loving this beauty! I may have just found the ideal knife for my particular needs.

This is my second CRK and by coincidence also marks the 100th knife of my total collection. I own a large 21 and carry it almost constantly. The Mnandi has found a home in the supplied slip case in my LFP.

[​IMG]

2. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    I've a good friend who's a CRK addict, and he too acquired a new Snakewood Mnandi for Christmas, his first, and it's gorgeous like yours. Congrats on the new acquisition!

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Nice pattern on that one!

4. Geocyclist

Geocyclist

Jan 11, 2016
    I was about to pull the trigger on a Mnandi in box elder. It was regular price of $350. I have noticed some sites are charging more for box elder. Is this new? When a particular web site is out how long does it take them to get more? Also how long do you expect CR to keep the current wood inlays before discontinuing them and offering something else?

5. sk8n

sk8n

Feb 20, 2006
    A very nice example of snakewood, congrats!

6. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Congrats! Very nice pattern on the Snakewood!

7. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Snakewood is one of my favorite inlay woods, and yours is stunning! Nice pick up:thumbup:

8. TripleF100

TripleF100

Dec 30, 2014
    Maybe the nicest snakewood pattern I've seen!

9. oprichnik

oprichnik Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Beautiful knife,
    I have a small 21 insingo on the way, but mnandi (in cocobolo) was my other choice to get. It will have to wait for now, but definitely something I look forward to getting in the near future.

10. marthinus

marthinus

Dec 10, 2006