1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Finished Custom Orders!!!

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by AA Forge, Jan 31, 2017.

1. One Tree Leather

One Tree Leather

Aug 29, 2019
    Received 2 of my customs 2 weeks ago in 3V. Beautiful blades!

2. taklamakan

taklamakan

Nov 30, 2012
    3V? How is it that there are knives shipping in a steel not offered during the last time custom orders were open?

3. One Tree Leather

One Tree Leather

Aug 29, 2019
    Adam gave the option for an upgraded steel a while back to customers waiting on there customs as a nice gesture due to the delays.

cbach8tw likes this.
  4. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    On the 3/17/19 update on the AA Forge website, Mr. Gray stated that the list was “just about finished.” Almost 6 MONTHS later, the list is still not completed. I think it’s reasonable to ask, How many orders are left?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  5. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    My orders from 2017 May are still not delivered. I have no luck contacting @AA Forge at all since May 2019. I m not sure what are my options now.

6. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    GB&U seems like the most appropriate option for the disgruntled masses given the fact that he continues to advertise multiple knives for sale in the knife makers for sale forum while totally blowing off communication with fully pre-paid customers from two-plus years ago.

I am lucky that I am not party to the current pre-paid buyers’ frustration because I learned this hard lesson back in 2017. From experience, I feel for you all. I sold all of my custom AA knives because they were a reminder of a sour buying experience.

Phil

LostViking likes this.
  7. donscpoo

Feb 11, 2013
    I hate to do that as it’s quite damaging to ones image and draining for everyone involved. I am still hoping Adam can make it right.

8. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    I apologize to every one for my lack of communication lately. Had a lot of personal stuff going on wich I will explain at some later date, but we are shipping orders every week.

I don't really chech here much anymore because I'm so busy, and I have so many ways to be contacted I'm not able to keep up with PM's here. The best way to get ahold of my is by email, phone or Instagram. I also have an order status page on my web site with some basic things laid out, but if you need more details please contact me directly.

9. donscpoo

Feb 11, 2013
    Email sent. I hope you can get back to me soon.

Thanks

Don

10. DJC72

Aug 1, 2014
    Glad to see the response by Mr. Gray. Email sent.

11. DJC72

Aug 1, 2014
    I thank Mr. Gray for responding to my email. Even though my orders won’t be resolved in the short term, hopefully the list will be completed before the start of the new year.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  12. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    cbach8tw likes this.
  13. DJC72

Aug 1, 2014
    How many orders are left?

14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Would the smaller knife in this last pic be considered a boning or parry knife? Nice.

15. One Tree Leather

One Tree Leather

Aug 29, 2019
    Mini fisherman knife. 3/32 thick.

cbach8tw likes this.
  16. DJC72

Aug 1, 2014
    What is the status of the custom order list? After waiting two plus years on my orders, a formal update given to customers who paid in full is a reasonable request. Excuses or apologies aren’t necessary, just the number of orders left will suffice.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Zippo2 likes this.
  17. DJC72

Aug 1, 2014
    What is the ratio between the orders that Mr. Gray makes per month for his wallet vs. the number of customer knives that go out monthly? We see pics of the knives that he sells weekly but we do not see pics of all of his customer knives on a regular basis. Remember, the custom order list was just about done mid March. The lack of transparency from Mr. Gray has been alarming.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  18. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hopefully the ones he does sells will help with supplies, materials, etc and finishing the list.