1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Finished Custom Orders

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by AA Forge, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator

Apr 8, 2010
    I hope it is, because you’re about to see a lot of orders getting done while you wait for your turn.

2. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    So Phil @Comprehensivist, you tell me with what happened with the steel and me shutting down the books because of it, how was I to make a living while working through the list?

I have admitted many times the idea to work on a prepay system was a mistake, and one I have had to pay for for two years now. I work around 80 hours a week trying to finish every last one to the best quality I can, but it has taken much longer than I ever thought it would. How would you have done it better?

The issue with the prepay orders is why I now use a deposit system instead. It’s either this or I keep making available work which you guys have given me grief over, so what do you think should be done?

Doing things this way means much less risk for all sides and has so far proven to be the most consistent as long as it is the main focus which it is now.

3. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    This is the end of it for me. I have to much work to do to sit on here and repeat myself over and over again. Much better men to get orders to right now.

4. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    During your “steel shortage”, you and/or other family members could have gotten a 9-5 or part time job. Sitting on you rear was not a solution. Later Chernobyl

5. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I was working 40 hours a week on what I could get and my wife is and was raising toldlers,,,, hardly sitting around.

You are getting dangerously close to trolling, so be careful.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  6. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010

7. donscpoo

donscpoo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Adam, you don’t have to get down to those details. Those who can wait, will wait for you. Those who can’t wait give them the refund and you can move on. Your knives sell anyway. Don’t let these drag you down pls. Focus should be to deliver the best knife you can make.

Don

8. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    I appreciate you Don. Even being frustrated with me and with good reason you have always been better to me than I deserve and I will do my best to repay your kindness with the best possible knives I can make. Which ironically will be better than what I was capable of when you placed the order.

donscpoo likes this.
  9. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    By the way @donscpoo the pin stock arrived yesterday.

donscpoo likes this.
  10. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    Dang, never thought I'd have to read posts such as the ones above. Anyway, I'm very glad to see your books open up again. With my limitation of only being able to order one knife, I'm having the hardest time choosing which model to go with.

AA Forge likes this.
  11. aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Apr 15, 2013
    I can't speak about others specific issues on this forum except for my own in regards to Adam/AA Forge. I've waited a long time for my customs but I've always been polite to Adam and he's always been to me. Anytime I've asked him a question on IG he's answered and anytime I've phoned he's picked up. I can tell from speaking with him on the phone the order list not being completed yet weighs on him deeply. I've recently put in for some more customs with Adam because he continues to communicate with me. This is just my experience. Everytime I speak with Adam it's always pleasant. I got over the fact I wasn't going to receive my customs "on time" a long time ago. Once I mentally got over this I have become very relaxed with my dealings with Adam because I know I will recieve my customs eventually as soon as he can produce them for me. I've recieved about 7 customs from Adam in the last few years(I've not been keeping an exact track of my order date) and I have 4 more owing which should be coming up soonish. This is just my personal experience.

-One Tree Leather

AA Forge likes this.
  12. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Shoot me an email or give me a call and I would be happy to help.

13. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I’m going to see a lot of orders get done while I wait? When do you ever get a lot of orders done? The custom knife list was almost done....over a year ago. All you do is add orders and new knife lists. You have the prepay custom list, the January deposit list, the Nomadic Bushcrafter list, the kwaiken list and the deposit custom order list. So, when’s the next list open? There is zero reason to take on two new lists when you have three others to complete. Especially at a time when supplies/materials for all your lists could be difficult to obtain. Years from now, this deposit custom order list might not be completed. Especially should you take an excessive number of orders... again. Taking to many orders hurts your customers.

You really do rationalize everything. Just keep taking more orders Mr. Gray. That philosophy works out so well for every small knife company I’ve seen.

Take care Mr. Gray, I won’t be back to comment again. I’m sure you will add a distorted spin to my post. I’ll patiently wait for my refund. Some of us see what’s really going on here.

One last thing, what was the .......... post? Ha ha

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  14. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    Ok, last time I will address you.

This statement is a lie. Order 1005 placed 9/23/17 and order 1042 placed 11/18/17 are not at 3.5 years

Again this is a lie to exaggerate for drama.

This is a lie as well, because even if the web site hadn't had a typo (360) you are still adding 40+ orders to what it said for more drama. I don't remember what range I was in at the time of the books closing, but one of Aarons orders he placed on April 2 was number 1870. The last order taken on the old site I believe was order 1998. The new site started at order number 1000 and the last one taken was 1056. Other than that I had some non deposit orders from earlier in the year and a couple off the books for friends that pushed the list up to the 260 range. Let's see if you can counto_O So post your pictures of a site typo all you want, you have still deliberately lied to exaggerate the size of the list.

Here again "400" orders is a lie. I can see how you believe there are five lists, so I'm letting it slide, but that isn't how things are organized on may end. I have the prepaid list, all deposit orders and the semi custom kwaikens. Deposit orders are finished more off their steel type than when they were placed, so it's the same list. I only have two semi custom kwaiken orders and they paid for 35' of 3V for all the customs needing it.

Here again, a site typo isn't a lie, but your exaggeration is.

Any further name calling will be deleted as trolling. Although, I must applaud the creativity.

Although I doubt your patience considering your threats, harassing and name calling, you are right about one thing, years from now I will still be working on deposit orders because I don't intend to ever close the books again, so as these are done more will come in and it will never end. This is not stacking another list its a complete change to how I do business, as I have said before. This issue is the first time in the 11 years I have been making knives as a business that I truly got behind and have finished many lists in the past, but the prepay list was a mistake that is being fixed.

I did not need to reopen the books, I simply wanted to put my full force back into customs again so they aren't being done around available work anymore, and thats the end of it. Again there are men that can testify this has been on my mind since Nov. Stay tuned for an update news letter coming tomorrow or Thursday. The simple short of it is that we still look good on the quote based off of the number of orders we got, and in fact I may be on the O1 orders a little early.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  15. AA Forge

Apr 8, 2010
    More coming later today and tomorrow. We had issues with the news letter service, but it seems to be worked out so the news letter update will be going out today.

[​IMG]Apr 12-1 by Adam, on Flickr

[​IMG]Apr 12-2 by Adam, on Flickr

[​IMG]Apr 12-3 by Adam, on Flickr

Bladenoobie1 and ajvail18 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.