Photos First CRK: Small Sebenza CGG Gold Leaf with Ladder Damascus (Pic Heavy)

Hi folks,

Long-time BF forumite, first-time CRK owner. Almost all of the reviews I've seen (ie, binged watched while waiting for the knife to come in the mail) dedicate some time to address why the hell any sane person would spend >$400 on a pocket knife. I'm at a point in my knife carrying career where they're all preaching to the choir. The previous owner (great seller here on BF) decided to part ways with this very attractive variation because he couldn't bring himself to use it. I have to say, it's easy to see why. From what I can gather, the damascus on this variation makes it rare because it was an exclusive through one dealer, which is really nice. That combined with the gold and complete lack of the normal blue accents really does make it seem pretty special. The gold Millit Knives aftermarket pocket clip looks awesome too.

n5bO93S.jpg

MU3FSOG.jpg

inHH9Wl.jpg

5pFDr0E.jpg

n8HjiPB.jpg

oQpWwxH.jpg

VWxU2iN.jpg

Some shots next to other knives in the rotation:

Top to bottom:
  • TAD Gear edition G&G Hawk M.U.D.D mid-tech (made by Millit Knives)
  • G&G Hawk Model B Deadlock
  • Yuna Knives Qi 3
sk2uFST.jpg

XXPd0Bf.jpg

wnS8nvZ.jpg

The Yuna is one of the most carried knives in my rotation these days:
b1wS7Y8.jpg

cT3b1yo.jpg

srkMc0c.jpg

FGGGBYY.jpg

vcJTXbB.jpg

w6fJRgc.jpg

Ban Tang Knives SAF:
F1KFytj.jpg

Case/ Bose Coffin Jack:
XHJZNsE.jpg

WeNL9bE.jpg

Last edited:
I guess you need a plain Sebenza as a user soon.

Oh I wanted to make sure I enjoyed this as it was meant to be enjoyed. The cardboard in this shoebox was much denser than I was expecting. I had to put some good effort into each cut. It was enough for some noticeable hotspots to develop:

ap1KFQa.jpg

The one scratch I could see in the aftermath:

3bD0QNp.jpg

And of course I had to get the edge back, so some freehand sharpening, a little bit of stropping and we're back to easily shaving again:

y789w0l.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I love all the beautiful knives but have special place in my heart for users. Glad to see it getting some work.

Back