First knife completed and a quick question

Hello all. After two failures I have just finished my first knife, well mostly finished. Still need to clear the epoxy at the front of the scales and get the decarb off the plunge line. I am pretty proud of it and look forward to any feed back. My question is how soft is G10? I have a knife sheath that fits this knife that previously went to an Ontario knife. The closure button on the sheath has actually dented and discolored the handle material. It isn't a big deal and I can easily sand back it back to looking good. I have thought about making a kydex sheath for it but I am afraid that the kydex will leave black marks on it as it is removed and reseated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
K1.jpg
K2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all. After two failures I have just finished my first knife, well mostly finished. Still need to clear the epoxy at the front of the scales and get the decarb off the plunge line. I am pretty proud of it and look forward to any feed back. My question is how soft is G10? I have a knife sheath that fits this knife that previously went to an Ontario knife. The closure button on the sheath has actually dented and discolored the handle material. It isn't a big deal and I can easily sand back it back to looking good. I have thought about making a kydex sheath for it but I am afraid that the kydex will leave black marks on it as it is removed and reseated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View attachment 677556
View attachment 677557

Very good job on the knife it looks great not sure bout kydex leaving marks tho I kinda doubt it if you using g10 it's what most makers use and I haven't heard of it rubbing off on stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never saw kydex rub off black on G10, unless the G10 had some sharp edges.

What I have seen is light colored, like yellow or white, G10 that will collect dust, which will darken it. You have to clean it from time to time with a cotton cloth soaked in WD40, to remove dust and grime.

Back