First Look - Kershaw Echelon

Thomas W

Banned
New proto, the Kershaw Echelon. 3 1/4" 14C28N Steel blade, Machined G-10 scales, deep carry pocket clip, Tri transport capable, Assisted Opening, USA Made, MSRP $89.95

IMG_4976.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4973.jpg

Last edited:
I had seen the drawing and always wanted to ask....

Really nice design. love the blade .

What will the final scales look like because I'm really digging that color?

Usually love kershaw designs but I'm not really feeling this one.

I'm the opposite--I'm usually not a fan of Kershaw's aesthetics, but I like the looks of this one.

As long as it stays lefty-friendly, this may very well be my first Kershaw.

By the way, I love that thumstud design.

I'm liking it.. I love the g-10. I think if the area where the swedge is was removed, it would look "right" to me.

Not sure about the thumb lug though

Very cool! I'm really liking that low-ride clip and blade shape. The one thing I'm not a fan of is the thumb lug position -- seems like it would get in the way while cutting and sharpening (I use an Edge Pro).

I have the same question as houtex: will the final version have those awesome ghost green jade G-10 scales?

I like it!!! I also like the transparent scales, hope they are an option and who is the designer? Any time frame on release?

It's an in-house design, and we will be using the translucent G-10 (probably other colors as well).

Very cool with the translucent scale!! Is that thumb stud adjustable? Looks like it could be made to slide up or down the cutout. Just a thought.

I guess I'm the weirdo but I like everything but the see through handle lol. Now if you made it in blaze orange or black handle my opinion would be much different!! ;)

The version with translucent G-10 is definitely my favorite, but the one with opaque G-10 looks pretty darn good, too.

I don't know why, but I REALLY like the looks of that thing. Looks a bit wacky, but still looks like it'll make a practical pocket knife. I'm not a fan of the translucent G10, but the green G10 proto looks pretty freaking cool.

The only disappointing thing, for me, is the assisted opening.:(

Back