1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Fixed Blade P'kal

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by CatherineJThomas, Jun 28, 2014.

1. CatherineJThomas

CatherineJThomas

Jun 28, 2014
    Ok, so I know there were some custom/semi custom ones from Shivworks and various other makers that have copied the idea....

But any chance for a Spydie made fixed blade of the P'kal?

that would be pretty awesome.

Folder, Trainer, and Fixed blade.

[​IMG]

2. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    I would guess that's unlikely myself, but the vast majority of us here don't work for Spyderco, so we're not likely to be able to give you a definite answer. Perhaps you'd have more luck asking this on the Spyderco forum? Sal might be more likely to see it there than in a post labeled "fixed blade p'kal" on the general forum...

3. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Sal posted a few months ago that there might be a fixed blades p'kal in the works. I remember it since I was mentioned in the post as being one of the more vocal people asking for it. :D

4. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi CatherineJThomas,

Welcome to our forum.

Actually there are a couple of fixed P'kals that we're working on. Mike J. is working on one with Southnarc and I'm working on fixed version of the folder (requested by a forumite). Mike's version is farther along than mine. (I'm still carving a wooden model).

sal

5. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Sweet!

6. jnich67

jnich67

Dec 4, 2006
    I'd be interested!

Jordan

7. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Oh yah! :D

8. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    Hey Sal! Is the MJ and southnarc iteration the one with the swappable/reversible scales?

9. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    yes.

sal

10. ShepardCC

ShepardCC

Dec 4, 2012
    Hi Sal. Once I got my Spyderco P'Kal, it inspired me to want a fixed blade. I made a few cardboard versions and find one that I really like. I bought some 3v steel and traced the design into it. I'm now trying to get some proper shop equipment like a belt sander, drill press, and a saw. I already make some awesome handles and kydex sheaths so I know I'll have a sweet set up for it. I just haven't gotten. Around to it because I've been so busy. Now I'm determined to at least do a little bit each weekend!