• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flickr Is Changing Their Terms of Service - Limiting Number of Free Photos

Vaporstang

Gold Member
Just to let Flickr users know that the terms of service are changing.

"Beginning January 8, 2019, Free accounts will be limited to 1,000 photos and videos."

I use it to post pics of knives here. I thought I might be near 1000 pics stored. When I checked it was over 2,300 LOL. I guess I will have to do some culling!

Let me know if I need to delete this link:
https://blog.flickr.net/en/2018/11/...lickr&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1000photos

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up!
At least with Flickr they're not asking for an outrageous fee to host photos ala PhotoBucket.

I got that message too. I could not understand how they survived up till now.

Free can't be free, unless there is advertising. Someone pays.

BTW: Everyone is on the free Imgur bandwagon right now. Wait for it.... :rolleyes:

Couldn’t agree more. We’ve been spoiled up to this point.

I am giving this a bump just to remind any Flickr users that there will be a limit of 1000 photos without paying fees starting January 8th. I am down from well over 2300 to 1027 photos; just a little more clean-up to go. Of course, I will need to get it down to a number that gives me a little breathing room....

One final bump. Most users should have been notified and I am guessing most have less than 1000 photos.

I got my Flickr account down to 998; I would like to get it a little lower for some breathing room. I still need to determine what I am going to do long term.

Okay, this is really my final bump. I would hate to have anyone caught unaware.

Back