Folder for formal wear! Please advise. Thank you.

Like the title says, what knife do you carry when wearing suit and tie and the like?
I pretty much have a folder for every ocasion, except tonight, when, of all people, my wife asks me (we were going to a formal event, black suit and the works) which knife am I taking with.
And, nothing in response. i do not have one.
So, what do you guys carry?
Thank you!

Cold Kill

BANNED
A nice, shiny Case is a good formal knife. So long as the knife is small and a traditional design, it should go well with a suit and tie.

I don't really have traditional knives, but I do have a couple that work well for formal wear. The Benchmade 943 and Kershaw Leek Composite Blade work pretty well, but my favorite would have to be my Al Mar Falcon Ultralight. It's smooth, so it won't rip up your pockets, and it's very light. It looks more traditional and less tactical, and it blends in to dark pants.

JAB

Platinum Member
IMG_1835.jpg

How about a William Henry or a Mcusta? If you don't want to spend more than $100.00, you could get Kershaw Nakamura.

Assuming you don't want to spend too much (not over 100 usd) for this, I think that any American traditional knife would be fine for the occasion. Especially single bladed or two bladed ones, and no more than 3,5" long (closed). Stag and wood preferred.
To get even lower on the price range, I would recommend an Opinel (walnut handle).
:cool:

sheepdog229

Gold Member
I wear a suit every day and carry the same knives I would in jeans. Benchmade Bedlam 860, 5.11 Karambit, Spyderco Tenacios, Endura, or whatever else I feel like.

I don't really see why you want to get a "dressy" knife for a suit unless you intend to take it out and show it off to other "knife people." Is that the case?

FWIW, the "dressiest" looking knife I have is my Benchmade Dejavoo.

When I wear a suit I still Carry an Emerson but not in the pocket. I clip it in at about 3:30 on the belt line and it disappears.

I love my little Case Baby Butterbean. I work in a school where knives are iffy at best but I have used this little guy to break down boxes, cut up fruit, and many other small tasks out in the open and no one has batted an eye. Plus I still haven't sharpened it after two years and it cuts like crazy. You cannot go wrong with a nice Case.
caselimitededitionxxibabybutterbeansalmonjiggedbone.aspx

I think Mcusta is quite good for such an occasion. BM Shoki 480-1 would be great I think.

upnorth

Basic Member
Discretion tells me that some events\situations are inappropriate for carry.

dcmartin

Gold Member
I'll carry just about anything with a slim enough profile and a pocket clip. I like my Benchmade 530, 940bk, Sm Sebenza, Spyderco Lava but my favorite
for "Slacks" carry has to be my Carbon Fiber Michael Walker. Very slim, weighs next to nothing (1.95 oz) and i really like the ZDP 189 steel.

photo-2.jpg