• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

For Sale: ASH1, FSH HH, LMS, NO-E, SJTAC, SOW, Waki, ZTSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk4ever2

Gold Member
All fees for US sales (US PayPal G&S, shipping & insurance) are included in the price; see below for international sales.

If you want to buy a knife, say "I'll take it" in this thread (wins in the event of a tie), or by PM or e-mail at [deleted] (if you send me an email, be sure to include your forum name). Please ask any questions you have before saying "I'll take it".

I have decided to change how I classify the condition of my knives; now they will be one of the following:
- "new" – has not been used including put in a sheath, and generally is free of marks except for possibly factory defects which I will do my best to describe; the knife has the factory edge;
- "unused" – has not been used, but might have slight handling marks which I will describe; the knife has the factory edge;
- "used" – has been used and/or heavily marked by a sheath, and might have both handling and usage marks which I will describe.

I am very picky about knives, so I try to mention any flaws including factory defects, but please ask me if you have any specific concerns about a knife's condition.

If you buy a knife from me, you agree to all of the terms at the bottom of this post, including all sales are final (no returns), so please read the "Terms of Sale" below and please ask any questions you have before saying "I'll take it". Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you find one you like!

Sold 1. $495->$475 - ASH-1 SE 2007 - used, double cut bead blasted finish (DCBB), dark green/black G-10 standard size (non-magnum), INFI
- .221" blade thickness, 6 3/8" blade length, 11 7/8" overall length
- Includes a grey & black nylon lanyard.
- I have used this knife. There are marks, scratches and smoothing/smudges/discoloration on the blade. It still has the factory edge which is in very good shape without any nicks. This knife is in very good condition.

Sold 2. $575->$550->$525 - FSH-HH - unused, black finish, black canvas micarta standard size (non-magnum), INFI

- .271" blade thickness, 8 1/8" blade length, 14 1/4" overall length
- This is the slightly thicker FSH with a saber grind; it's an original Heavy Heart from 2008.
- This is listed as unused because there are a couple very slight marks and several small odd coating swirls on the blade; I have not used it and I am sure the previous owner did not use it either. One of the marks is a light scratch 3/8" long (it does not show in the photos).
View attachment 1077396 View attachment 1077397View attachment 1253266 View attachment 1253267View attachment 1253724 View attachment 1253725

Sold 3. $325 – Leaner Meaner Street SE 2007 - used, double cut bead blasted finish (DCBB), dark green/black G-10, INFI
- .172" blade thickness, 4 1/8" blade length, 8 11/16" overall length
- I used this lightly in the kitchen, so there are fine scratches on the blade; it still has the factory edge. If you look at the close-up photo of the non-logo side where it says "2007 SPECIAL EDITION", there is evidence of light rust at the bottom of both the L and the E in EDITION (Flitz metal polish turns rust from the typical brown color to grey/black).

Sold 4. $295->$275 – Natural Outlaw-e (NO-e) - new, black finish, black canvas micarta, INFI
- .271" blade thickness, 6 1/8" blade length, 11 1/2" overall length, asymmetric edge
- This is the original Natural Outlaw (I bought it in 2002), granddaddy to the NFNO.
- The factory price in 2002 including shipping was $272. :eek:
- One just like this has ridden in my car for many years, and is still very sharp. It's a very capable knife in a reasonably small package. Some users prefer the asymmetric edge; in my experience it is very sharp, stays that way a long time and is easy to touch up. A JPG copy of Busse sharpening instructions for an asymmetric edge will be sent to you by email.

Terms of Sale

Condition
:
Most knives are new with the factory edge unless described otherwise. The factory edges are usually not shaving sharp. While I carefully examine each knife and try to list even the slightest flaws, these are production knives and might have slight differences from one knife to the next. There can be minor imperfections in the fit and/or finish of the knife as it comes from the factory. I am very picky about knives, so I try to mention any flaws including factory defects, but please ask me if you have any specific concerns about a knife's condition.

Price: The price is in US dollars (no other currency is accepted) and includes PayPal G&S, Priority Mail shipping, insurance & adult signature confirmation to US locations.

Payment: For US sales, PayPal G&S or USPS money order. Payment must be made in US Dollars (USD). If you use PayPal as your method of payment, your PayPal address must match your shipping address – NO exceptions with PayPal G&S!

International sales: Canada & Australia are OK; most other countries are probably OK (but please ask me). Payment must be in US dollars (USD) using PayPal F&F or Western Union Money Transfer (you pay any fees). Extra shipping will be charged. I will only ship to countries where a shipment can be insured, tracked, and delivery verified. If the knife is damaged, lost, confiscated, or not delivered for any reason, you are solely responsible for the loss.

Trades: I might be interested in a Presentation NARK, a ZTBM, old slotted/solid bolt models (Mean Street, Badger Attack, Steel Heart, Battle Mistress), or any Busse model with an all-wood handle.

Legal: By purchasing a knife you are stating that you are 18 years of age or older; an adult signature is required for delivery.
- It is solely your responsibility to comply with all laws where you live regarding the knife you buy, and you agree to hereby release me from any & all liability involving the knife once it has been purchased and shipped.

Misc.: - No sheaths are included unless specifically stated.
- If you want to buy a knife, say "I'll take it" in this thread (wins in the event of a tie), or by PM or e-mail.
- I reserve the right to sell or not to anyone I choose.
- Please ask any questions you might have before saying "I'll take it", and let me know if you need extra photos.
- No returns - all sales are final.

Last edited:
Sold 5. $475->$450->$425 - Satin Jack TAC custom shop variant – used, brown finish, tiger hide micarta, INFI
- .203" blade thickness, 6 3/8" blade length, 11 7/8" overall length
- The top edge is sharpened and has serrations, so this is a double-edged knife (know your laws about this)!
- The blade is convex ground like the SJTAC LE, but not as thick as the LE.
- This is listed as used because there are scuff marks on the blade (the scuffing is not horrible, but it is noticeable on both sides of the blade); I have not used it but the previous owner did. The worst scuffing appears in the 3rd, 4th & 5th photos, and it is exaggerated by the camera flash in the 5th photo (no flash was used in the 3rd & 4th photos); in other words, how noticeable the scuffing is depends on the type of light and how the light hits it.
View attachment 1077406 View attachment 1077407 View attachment 1077408 View attachment 1077409 View attachment 1077410

Sold 6. $550 - Satin Jack TAC LE #190 – unused, satin finish, tiger hide micarta, INFI
- .222" blade thickness, 6 3/8" blade length, 11 7/8" overall length
- The blade is convex ground with a v-ground edge.
- This is listed as unused because there are fine sheath scratches on the blade and tiny scratches on top of the handle; I have not used it and I am sure the previous owner did not use it either. A close-up photo of the non-logo (right) side shows the worst scratches. Except for the scratches, the satin finish on this blade is exceptionally well done, being relatively free of tool marks.
- Includes a green & tan nylon lanyard.

Last edited:
Sold 7. $595 – SOW (custom shop SFNO variant) - unused, satin finish, black & tan G-10, INFI
- .223" blade thickness, 6 7/8" blade length, 12 5/8" overall length
- The SOW is a variant of the SFNO, with a full flat grind, slight recurve, long clip point with swedge, and distal taper.
- This "black & tan" G-10 looks more like shades of grey & black, with perhaps a very slight bluish tint.
- The satin finishing from the factory is not 100% perfectly even, but it looks very nice. There is a small factory polishing blemish along the top of the blade on the logo side.
- Next to the back of the handle, near the bottom of the pommel area, on the logo side are minute spots of corrosion that are not readily noticeable (if you have excellent vision, some of it would be visible to the naked eye); I cleaned the area with Flitz metal polish, so now it looks like dust or dirt on the steel. This whole area is 3/16" long x 1/16" wide, with the spots scattered in an irregular manner.
- This is listed as unused because of the corrosion and the satin finish details I mentioned; I have not used it and I am sure the previous owner did not use it either. If it does not sell, I will not be disappointed. :)

Sold 8. $495->$475 - Waki by Swamp Rat Knives - unused, black finish, tan canvas micarta, SR-101 steel w/differential heat treat (top sword in each photo)
- .186" blade thickness, 16 15/16" blade length, 27 9/16" overall length
- The blade is convex ground.
- There are the following minor blemishes:
__- There are a few odd coating swirls on the blade (factory defects).
__- The coating at the ends of the pommel is very slightly worn.
__- There is 1/32"+ missing coating on top at the tip.
__- There is a very slight coating smudge on the bottom of the handle.
None of these spots are very significant but in the right light at the right angle they are visible; the odd coating swirls are the most noticeable of the blemishes.
View attachment 1077426 View attachment 1077427
Sold 9. $475 - Waki by Swamp Rat Knives - unused, black finish, black canvas micarta, SR-101 steel w/differential heat treat (bottom sword in each photo)
- .206" blade thickness, 17" blade length, 27 9/16" overall length (thicker than normal? :confused:, maybe I should raise the price?? ;))
- The blade is convex ground.
- There are the following minor blemishes:
__- There are 2 odd coating swirls on the right side of the blade (factory defects).
__- The coating at the ends of the pommel is slightly worn.
__- There is 1/32" missing coating on top at the tip.
__- There is also a 1/8" long spot on the top edge of the spine/top of the pommel where the coating is worn.
__- Near the tip on the left side there is a 3/16" long spot where the coating is extra thick and appears smooth on top (factory defect).
__- There is slight coating smoothing on the right side of the blade near the top toward the tip from the cardboard sheath (I discard these for this reason).
None of these spots are very significant but in the right light at the right angle they are visible; the 2 odd coating swirls on the right side of the blade are the most noticeable of the blemishes.

Sold 10. $450->$425->$395 – Zero Tolerance Steel Heart (ZTSH) – used, satin finish, tan canvas micarta, INFI
- .188" blade thickness, 7 3/4" blade length, 13 1/8" overall length
- The edge is a blended convex, or zero edge; it was lightly touched up by the previous owner.
- This is listed as used because there are many fine sheath scratches on the blade (and the edge touch-up); I have not used it and I am pretty sure the previous owner did not use it either. There is also an area ~1/8" wide with grind marks by the front of the handle on the logo side, that was poorly finished by the factory (not uncommon for the ZT series).
- A cheap kydex sheath is included (it appears to be homemade).

Last edited:
I will be adding a few more knives, hopefully by this weekend at the latest, so please check back. Thank you for your interest! :)

2/25 update - Well, nothing to show yet; too many other things have been eating up my time.

Last edited:
A family emergency came up Thursday evening. I might be out of touch for awhile, so if you send me a PM or email, it might take me longer than usual to reply.

Here are some more price cuts:
Sold -> $525 FSH-HH
Sold -> $275 NO-e (the factory price in 2001 was $272 incl. shipping)
Sold -> $425 SJTAC custom shop variant
Sold -> $475 Waki w/ tan handles
Sold -> $395 ZTSH
:eek:;)

Last edited:
-> $475 Waki w/ tan handles.. still available? Thanks

-> $475 Waki w/ tan handles.. still available? Thanks
Yes, it is still available. I'm sorry it took so long to reply - I just saw your post today (I have been way too busy with other stuff, and forgot to check the ad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back