• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Four single bit axes with new handles. Pic heavy

davemonkey

Gold Member
Prices are net to me, and include fees and shipping within CONUS. PayPal preferred, reply and PM and I will send invoice. All four of these are hung on premium 36" hickory handles from House Handles. After hung the heads were soaked in BLO for 24 hours and handles have been oiled with BLO also. I apologize for the picture quality as it is raining out. If you want any info or pics just let me know.

1. 3lb head marked USBR Good shape $50.00

2. Plumb 3.5lb head. I have hand sharpened this one. Good working edge. $50.00

3. Stanley "M" Head weight of just under 4lb Also sharpened $60.00

4. 4lb head. Marked Enders. I think these were a E.C. Simmons brand, not sure. $60.00

I need a good axe!! I have a wood burning stove in my house. Which one of these do you think would split logs best? I'll try to get one this week if not I'll pick it up next week if they're still here.

The Simmons looks the best to me but I don't know axe heads like I know knifes. I do know hickory makes good handles. I've worked with hickory before. It's a son of a gun to work with!!

I need a good axe!! I have a wood burning stove in my house. Which one of these do you think would split logs best? I'll try to get one this week if not I'll pick it up next week if they're still here.
The Stanley has a thicker bit, it may split a little better. But the Enders should do fine as well.

The Stanley has a thicker bit, it may split a little better. But the Enders should do fine as well.

Looks like the Stanley would work the best. It has the most even taper. Looks like the rest would be more suited for chopping.....but I am just guessing with the way the head is shaped. Can't tell too much on the USBR pic of the head. Looks like it is worn thinner on the top.

The Plumb and Stanley are gone, but the USBR is still available. If you would like it send me your email address and I'll send a paypal invoice.

Back