• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS: GEC SFO "Schrade" Automatic - SOLD

Up for sale, a GEC SFO "Schrade" lockback leafspring automatic in Pumpkin Patch acrylic from a quickly sold out limited run. This knife uses an old-school Jaeger/Aerial-style lever-release mechanism to fire and unlock the blade. 3-3/4" closed. Crisp, solid snap when firing and closing. Smooth, fast, great-sounding action. Nice "Northfield" high-polished blade finish. Easy to close one-handed. Perfect blade centering and 100% solid lockup in all directions. No issues of any kind. Never carried, used, re-sharpened or cleaned. Seldom fired (I usually ease the blade open by hand to avoid stressing the mechanism). Comes with a nice two-piece box with a fitted insert and wax paper.

Asking $250.00 $240.00 SOLD shipped and insured in the ConUS only, and the PayPal fees are on me. No trades, please.

GECSchradeAuto01.jpg

GECSchradeAuto03.jpg

GECSchradeAuto06_zps875436de.jpg

GECSchradeAuto05.jpg

GECSchradeAuto04.jpg

GECSchradeAuto02_zps305ffebd.jpg

This pic demonstrates how the pivoting lever (which also serves as a thumb ramp) is pushed forward to fire the blade or release the lock.
GECSchradeAutoLever.jpg

Feel free to contact me at zos_kia@earthlink.net if you're interested or have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Hi Rick - that's a nice looking piece. Just for my own education as I have not seen one of these before, is this a mod, or did GEC make these for Schrade? And about what year? I didn't know they made autos. Kinda cool.

Joe

Hey Joe. This run was from Oct. 2012. As far as I know, it was designed from the ground up, rather than a mod of an existing pattern, though the frame profile appears loosely based on GEC's #72/#73 trapper frame.

Thank you sir! Nice looking knife! Scales look awesome. Appreciate the info.

PM replied. Still available for the moment, but I received a tempting offer...

PM replied. This one is sold. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back