Fun Friday Sale! The new Basic 5" Field Knife!

bluemax_1

Gold Member
BFK arrived today and I finally got a chance to check it out. Wow! It's one heckuva knife for the money!

As the comparison pics posted have shown, the tip profile on this pointier/stabbier than the FK2. Depending on preference/usage they each have their strengths (Lorien's posted videos of using an FK2 like a chisel, and the belly at the tip of the FK2 will be much better suited for that).

The tip of the BFK OTOH, looks more like the photos of the rare CPK skinners. For folks who also want a profile that's geared a little more with defensive traits, the BFK's tip is also lowered a little and more inline vs the FK2 (besides being sleeker with less of that belly near the tip)

Overall, I'm now seriously considering picking this over my FK2 for a woods knife where I won't need the added chopping power of the MC.

Great job, CPK!

Here is a photo; without feet!
carothers-basic.jpg

yoko

Gold Member
Basic Member
I'm so in this fellas even got permission from the wife this time hahaha ( by permission I mean I told her about this... she rolled her eyes and didn't say no)

If miss out ......

Last edited:

BIGDORK

Gold Member
Test

edit: I thought this thread was supposed to be locked until 3 EST?
This thread is from the sale last week that was done here on sub-forum

This weeks sale will be listed at 3:00:00 pm est in the knifemakers forum
here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

Nathan said a week or 2 ago that the behemothers were practically gone. Could try messaging Jo or wait to see if someone gives you a better answer
If you came here for a Field Knife or a Behemother you can place an order here and we'll pull it from our Blade Show stock. Be aware that these patterns are practically gone.

This thread is from the sale last week that was done here on sub-forum

This weeks sale will be listed at 3:00:00 pm est in the knifemakers forum
here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

Nathan said a week or 2 ago that the behemothers were practically gone. Could try messaging Jo or wait to see if someone gives you a better answer
Thanks for the response. It is much appreciated. I followed the link but could not see any thread. I thought the thread was supposed to be posted and be locked until 3 EST? So, I got confused when I do not see any relevant thread.

I will message Jo, I think there is a thread saying ask to Jo or something like that.

BIGDORK

Gold Member
Thanks for the response. It is much appreciated. I followed the link but could not see any thread. I thought the thread was supposed to be posted and be locked until 3 EST? So, I got confused when I do not see any relevant thread.

I will message Jo, I think there is a thread saying ask to Jo or something like that.
No problem man, this thread was the Maiden sale thread for the new pattern. It was listed early and locked for people to check out the new knife.
Nathan will actually (probably) list the thread at 3:00 so you will not see it until then.
You're going to want to hang out in the subforum link I gave you and start refreshing around 2:59:45 pm
Good Luck!!