Garden of the Gods (Photo Heavy)

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
This is really a follow up on this thread.

After we camped at Pine Ridge, and hiked the Pounds Hollow, Rim Rock area, we drove a few mile down the road to the Garden of the Gods. This place is nothing short of spectacular. I could have stayed there for days. The photos do no justice to the actual place. Many of the photos have tourists in them, but there were so many people, it was hard not to. Actually, they kind of give scope to to size of the place. Anyways, onto the photos. I'll let them speak for themselves:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

22.png

23.png

24.png

25.png

26.png

27.png

28.png

29.png

30.png

31.png

32.png

33.png

34.png

35.png

36.png

The famous "Camel Rock":

37.png

38.png

39.png

continued...

Last edited:
The walk back to the truck:

40.png

Looks like the tree is eating the rock:

41.png

42.png

43.png

44.png

45.png

After we left there, we went to Burden Falls, About 19 miles away, which is the highest waterfall in Illinois. Unfortunately, it wasn't running too much, as it's seasonal. We didn't have time to hike to the bottom to get good shots.

There's an smaller upper falls:

46.png

Runs along, or actually, in this case, pooled:

47.png

And over the edge. Even though it wasn't running too much, it was still a nice area:

48.png

49.png

50.png

We left there, heading to Rend Lake, to overnight at the campgrounds there. Came across an unusual sight:

51.png

This deer didn't quite make it over the fence:

52.png

Also saw this. What a beautiful place to shit. :D

53.png

Didn't get too many shots at the campground. We did so much in just a few days, I didn't get a chance to use my blades. Did get a few shots though:

54.png

55.png

56.png

57.png

58.png

My fav:

59.png

All in all, we had an absolute blast. Wish I would have had longer to stay and explore, but, there's always a next time.

Last edited:
Wow the world is so beautiful in it's natural state !! Awesome stuff brother !!
Thanks for sharing !!
Jose

As I went through my pictures form Garden of the Gods, it was funny to see that we took pictures of many of the same crazy looking rocks!

Hope you don't mind me adding these pictures, just to show it in a different season... I have never been in the fall, so your pics were awesome to see! I think the people on the rocks give it some perspective as to how HUGE the rocks are, but seeing it in person is truly the only way to take it all in!

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

I won't get back down there until after Deer season, but by that time the cold will drive away the crowds. The whole area of the Shawnee is a national treasure and I encourage people to go and see it first hand. It is well worth the time to make the trip. Thanks for posting the pictures, I always seem to be doing things and forgetting that I have a camera with me.

It's been a while since i'v been there...Still as amazing as I remember though.

Thanks guys. It's a beautiful area.

Fabulous pics Dubz. Next time you get down there park in the backpacker's parking lot, head east on the River to River trail for a mile or so and you come to "Buzzard's Roost". Fantastic place with great views and some awesome rock formations.

Beautiful photos brother, you may have just posted the one set of pics that might entice me back into Illinois again. The area I was in last time I was there was about as flat as flat can get...

Fabulous pics Dubz. Next time you get down there park in the backpacker's parking lot, head east on the River to River trail for a mile or so and you come to "Buzzard's Roost". Fantastic place with great views and some awesome rock formations.
Thanks, appreciated. We saw, and knew about the place you speak of, but we just didn't have enough time. We're going to go back when we can. There was also Indian Point Trail, Stone Face, Hick's Dome, Jackson Hollow, Bell Smith Springs, and Lusk Creek Canyon we're wanting to check out.

Beautiful photos brother, you may have just posted the one set of pics that might entice me back into Illinois again. The area I was in last time I was there was about as flat as flat can get...
Thanks, appreciated. It's one beautiful area. The last time you were here, must have been in the area I live in, haha. All flat, corn and bean land, woo hoo.

Thanks, appreciated. We saw, and knew about the place you speak of, but we just didn't have enough time. We're going to go back when we can. There was also Indian Point Trail, Stone Face, Hick's Dome, Jackson Hollow, Bell Smith Springs, and Lusk Creek Canyon we're wanting to check out.

I have led hikes in all of those areas. Jackson Hollow is a must see. It's fun to rap in and hike out. If you haven't been to Little Grand Canyon, put it on the list too.

Great pics. That's one of my favorite places down there. I've always thought that the Pharaoh's Campground right at the entrance to Garden of the Gods would be a great spot for a mid-west gathering.

Great pics. That's one of my favorite places down there. I've always thought that the Pharaoh's Campground right at the entrance to Garden of the Gods would be a great spot for a mid-west gathering.

I would agree 100% with that.

Back