1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

GEC 47 Viper, GEC 73 Scout, GEC 15 "Scout/Huckleberry"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by docbp87, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:11 PM.

1. docbp87

docbp87 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Have a couple of traditional slipjoints to pass on to new owners. All three are users that have been carried, and all show signs of use, in patina (see pictures), and scratches etc. No abuse or damage, just light use in lunch prep, opening packages/mail, EDC stuff like that. These have spent the last couple of years on the shelf other than occasional admiring, opening, cleaning, etc. so it seems wrong to hold on to them when some lover of traditional knives could be putting them to good use.

I will take payment via PP (F&F or add 3% for fees), and ship via USPS priority (shipping included in asking price). I admit that I have been out of the knife world for several years, so my asking prices on these knives may be WAY off, and if so, please feel free to PM me and let me know, and maybe make me an offer. I can also take additional pictures and answer any questions of course.

None of the original packaging/tubes are included with these knives.

1. Great Eastern Cutlery Tidioute 470114 "Viper" with Ebony Wood -$SOLD

[​IMG]

2. Great Eastern Cutlery 735213 2 Blade Scout Trapper in Antique Green Jigged Bone - $Sold

This knife has a very, very strong pull, and may very well pull some fingernails out when opening. If you like really, really hard pulls on a knife, then this one is for you. The shallow nail nicks/nail troughs? also make it a bit harder to open. It is smooth as butter... just... firm.[​IMG]

3. Great Eastern Cutlery 152113 Huckleberry Boy's knife "Scout" in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone - $SPF obo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your consideration, and again, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, make an offer if one of these interests you, tell me I have no idea what I'm doing pricing these this way, etc.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 4:26 PM
  2. barefingers

barefingers

Apr 25, 2013
    Pm sent on scout

3. barefingers

barefingers

Apr 25, 2013
    Sorry scout trapper

4. SuchUs3r

SuchUs3r

Jan 30, 2018
    dude.. clean that viper up and price her a little higher.. those tend to go for big bucks lately. Or I mean..nothing, ignore that. lol

Why didn't I take this.. it's one of my grails..

5. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I'll take the viper, if available

6. toppygray82

toppygray82

Jan 12, 2014
    I take the vipee

7. MCar

MCar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2015
    PM sent for payment information.

8. willythekid

willythekid Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nevermind

9. barefingers

barefingers

Apr 25, 2013
    Payment sent

10. docbp87

Mar 20, 2012
    Received and replied. Thanks

The 15 is still available. Feel free to make me an offer if interested anyone!

11. SuchUs3r

SuchUs3r

Jan 30, 2018
    Oh, btw as far as your comments on the mail nicks on the73. I believe they're calling those jigged ones match stick strikers and the long length is called a long pull. That 15 is tempting... You happen to like Northwoods knives?

12. Bull71

Bull71

Jul 18, 2018
    Per our PM, I’ll take #3 the boys knife.

13. docbp87

Mar 20, 2012
    Emailed

14. Bull71

Bull71

Jul 18, 2018
    Payment sent. Thank you

15. Bull71

Bull71

Jul 18, 2018
    I got the 15 today, I’m well pleased. Thanks for getting it to me so fast!