GIVEAWAY: What have you given back to BF?

I've been bumming around this site since 2008 and have never done one of these things? :eek: Unacceptable.

The prize will be a Gerber Yari II Tanto that needs a home.

CIMG0862_zps5a7ac293.jpg

CIMG0863_zpsd7210fef.jpg

IMGP1971_zpsb01605ad.jpg

S30V blade steel, aluminium handles, USA made. Comes with a nice MOLLE-compatible sheath, box, and all the original attachment options. This sucker has been carried over most of hell's half-acre, but hasn't seen overmuch actual use. It's been sitting in a drawer since I got my ESEE4, so I'd like to see it being put to use again.

What I want to know from you folks is this: What is something you've contributed to Bladeforums, or the "knife community" in general?

It could be anything from participating in a passaround, putting some effort into doing a review or tutorial, doing a giveaway, sharpening folks' knives out of the goodness of your heart, whatever. Try to think of something you put time or effort into to help fellow knife nuts or outdoorsmen. To enter, Post an "I'm In" and a description of your contribution.

RULES AND SUCH:

- The cut-off date will be 23:59, EST, on 10 March 2013. No posts after that will be accepted.
- One entry per person. Your post number will be your entry number, and I'll select the winner with a random number generator.
- I'll ship it anywhere in the contiguous US or Canada, (plus any other place you happen to be stationed if you're a member of the armed forces on deployment). Please don't enter if this is illegal to own in your state.

1st.
I did a giveaway not too long ago. Gave away 2 kershaw chills. I have also gave someone some spare parts I had, because his were not working correctly. I also like to think that I also give other people knowledge about knives they own, or want to buy.

Couple of giveaways, spending too much money on the exchange and goin platinum. Thanks man!

I'm in, I did a Kershaw Scallion give away a while back, with two Scallions. And, upgraded to Gold membership.

I'm in! I did a give a way in the traditional subforum. I'm due for another one soon. I bought gold membership. Thanks!

I recently got a spyderco sharp maker and sharpened few of my buddies blades. Kind of fun/relaxing actually.

Last edited:
Thanks for the chance, that Gerber screams kayak knife ....I've only had one giveaway so far and its time for another..Just last weekend I picked up an unloved tradional in my travels...It needs a new home and this forum is a great adoption center..I love biking/kayak camping and at my age with two bad knees..Its the only way I can get 60-90 lbs of gear out in the wild..I'm hoping my posts/pictures this summer will inspire some older BF members to get out and explore..
CD

Im in. Stonewashed kershaw cryo giveaway last month. Thanks

Well I contribute with my mind......ok not much of a contribution:p

I haven't done a give away yet....I just didn't have any thing worth giving away..

Any way thanks for the chance!

Thanks for the chance. Work Sharp asked me to do a review on their sharpener. Sent me the sharpener with no strings attached after they came out. Posted it on this forum.

I'm in and great giveaway!

The best part of being a member of BF is the real sense of Community we have here. People will go out of their way to help others and be helpful. That's the main reason I come here.

My contribution was a giveaway I did myself not to long ago. But more importantly I try and be helpful if and when I can.

Good luck to all!

I have tried to spread the love of knives and spread the word about the great community on BF.

I added a knife to another member's giveaway once, I think it was an MTech Twist? I have a ton of those things...

Thanks for the giveaway!

I'm in! I upgraded to a basic membership (soon to be Gold). I also started a thread about me chopping down a tree that has brought a lot of enjoyment to some forum members. I also offered some people extra Kershaw Blur and Kershaw Skyline parts if they ever need them. I also traded with a member from Slovakia. I've also provided a lot of production numbers for certain Kershaw's when people ask. I've also provided my opinion :D. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone else.

I try to give knowledge & advice when & where I can & if its wanted. Many have past their knowledge on & I'm a sponge soaking all in that I can.

I have hosted 2 pay it forward giveaways and gifted quite a few knives over the years. Thanks for the giveaway! I'm in really digging the looks of that one!

I have been dubbed "the guy who will sharpen your knife for free at work.Also much to my bosses aversion everyone at my place of employment now carries a knife.I guess I radiate excitement for sharp things and it is contagious:D I thank you for your generosity.I am in.

Only supported the makers on these forms,but i appreciate what you and others are doing, good work!

Nothing yet, beyond my best participation!

That's actually not true, now that I think of it. One of the forum's sponsors made a sale because I took the time to pass on their killer deal on a knife I ordered elsewhere the day before, and one of our members got to buy a knife (BM 710) he wanted at about Griptilian price. Not sure if he would have been able to get it so soon otherwise.

That's my contribution!

Contribution to blade forums:
A huge void in knowledge for others to help fill. I enable others contributions. :)
Abundant sarcasm. Another free service I offer.

Contribution to the knife community:
Sharpened blades for people.
Turned coworkers that once asked "why do I need a knife?", to owning several.
Gifting knives to people that once carried dull,sloppy, worn knives that were an accident waiting to happen.

Back