1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Glow inc. Glow powder

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by rockhead45, Jan 30, 2011.

1. rockhead45

rockhead45

Mar 8, 2010
    does anyone have any experence with Glow inc. or any glow powder? Glow inc. says theirs will be visible to the human eye for 24 hours and thats just unreal. i really only need it to glow for 8 to 10 i am thinking of all kinds of uses for this like for my edc knife when i put it by my bed being able to find it in the middle of the knight. On keys, above door handles where you put the key, just all kinds of things, but does it really glow as long as i need it to?

2. MoreToasties

MoreToasties

Jan 13, 2010
    I don't know about 24 hours, but it's brilliant stuff. I just ordered some more to use with my EDC light. It will glow as long as you need it. Charge it with a UV light and it will glow for ages.

Rather than just applying it to the knife, you'll want to drill some holes or inserts to put the glow in. To use it, get 60 minute epoxy, and a flat surface. Mix the glow powder into one half of the epoxy (keep adding powder until the epoxy starts getting gritty) and then add the other half of the epoxy. Use a syringe and apply it wherever, and let it set.

3. Roger999

Roger999

Mar 22, 2008
    If you apply it thick enough it will last quite a while, but at the 30minute point Tritium will be brighter, I usually use the semi-dried paint since it has almost a play-dough texture so I roll it up to shape then use loctite on the surface I'm applying it on then on the GID "paint" for a coating to protect it.

For 8-10 hours it will still be visible if you have night adapted eyes with minimal ambient lighting.

4. rockhead45

rockhead45

Mar 8, 2010
    i was thinking fiberglass cloth and resen with this mixed in and then on to a esee 4 knife and sanding it to profile to the orangial handles. Thanks for the reply's guys ill have to get some and play with it a bit. ill post pics of what ever i decide to use it for.