• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

GoingGear.com - 10 Firesteel Sizes, 16 Types of Firesteel Handles

The guys in W&SS are pretty familiar with my firesteels, but I thought I'd let the rest of you guys know what I offer.

I have firesteel blanks in 10 different sizes, ranging from itty bitty (3/20" x 2") to absurdly massive (1/2" x 12"). All use the same, high-performing misch metal ferrocerium alloy, but the larger sizes will give you more globs of molten metal just due to their size.

I also have 15 different hardwood handles for 3/8" and 1/2" firesteels, with more handles on the way. You even get to choose the length of the firesteel with the handles. There is also the Firecap Firesteel, a firesteel size of your choice with a waterproof capsule attached.

To get an idea of how well the rods work, here are a couple of videos:

How to use a misch metal firesteel:

[youtube]oS8TJAXC9zQ[/youtube]

How to use a firesteel with various tinders:

[youtube]O78JSZORwGg[/youtube]

And a few pictures:

firecap1.jpg

fsbocote.jpg

firesteel384.jpg

Thanks for the demo, it helps to see it actually performed than to assume how to use them. I may have to pick up a few things from you, when does the G10 Sparky become available?

Thanks for the demo, it helps to see it actually performed than to assume how to use them. I may have to pick up a few things from you, when does the G10 Sparky become available?

I have a couple on hand and the rest should be done in the next week or two.

Hey storl, free bump here and a bit of news. I had enough spare funds to pull the trigger on a firesteel :D

I ordered the 1/2" X 4" firecap firesteel and can't wait to put it to use. If it's half as awesome as the videos there will be much priase and rejoicing in the GB&U :p

I used my personal account under batosai117 at yahoo.com in case you're wondering :) Nice looking website too :thumbup:

Take care, J.

Hey storl, free bump here and a bit of news. I had enough spare funds to pull the trigger on a firesteel :D

I ordered the 1/2" X 4" firecap firesteel and can't wait to put it to use. If it's half as awesome as the videos there will be much priase and rejoicing in the GB&U :p

I used my personal account under batosai117 at yahoo.com in case you're wondering :) Nice looking website too :thumbup:

Take care, J.

Thanks, I appreciate the business! Some workers cutting down a tree in my yard decided to drop half the tree on my cable line. It is supposed to be fixed tomorrow, but I wanted to give you a heads up in case you don't hear from me regarding the order for a day or two. I'm trying to use my phone as a modem to process the orders, but it is not going as well as I would like it to. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the business! Some workers cutting down a tree in my yard decided to drop half the tree on my cable line. It is supposed to be fixed tomorrow, but I wanted to give you a heads up in case you don't hear from me regarding the order for a day or two. I'm trying to use my phone as a modem to process the orders, but it is not going as well as I would like it to. :)

No worries here, I started working nights in support of my wedding so my days are all messed up now anyways :D My blackberry pearl is my last ditch effort when something craps out with my internet. Placing an order with my pearl's internet would probably take 20+ minutes and a notepad to write things down while I shift from page to page :D

I hope things work out with your internet, take care, J.

Back