Good throwers?

Joshuas21

BANNED
Does any body know of some good throwing knives that won't bend or break. And are 10 or more inches long that for two is under 45$ I am not new to throwing so more advanced ones are ok.

You might have more luck asking this in the "knife throwing and throwing knives" subforum.

Cold steels wont bend.
They might break (not likely), but will not bend.

I have seen it myself, of course it might depend on what random Asian factory is making their stuff, but the one I used took a set with any bad throw. There are numerous reports of their machetes being similarly soft.

I have seen it myself, of course it might depend on what random Asian factory is making their stuff, but the one I used took a set with any bad throw. There are numerous reports of their machetes being similarly soft.

I was thinknig about throwers.

I only throw Hinderer XM-24's myself. I make sure to have at least 5 of 'em on me at all times. I feel throwing Hinderers makes me look distinguished. After all you never know if any women are watching the knife fight. Can't be caught throwing that cheap shit around in front of the honeys.

Can't believe no one's mentioned ESEE's yet. I'm told they make good throwing knives. (runs and hides)

Too soon? :D

Won't bend or break is a pretty tough criterion to meet. To keep from bending the blade would have to be hard and more likely to shatter, most throwers I have seen are soft. I suppose thicker could keep the bending down, maybe try Cold Steel's Torpedo which is a thick spike with points on both ends. Or consider tomahawks, though even there while the heads will last the shafts will need replacement eventually.

Given the stress throwing puts on knives I would figure bending and replacing would come with the territory unless you throw into very soft targets--nd don't miss!

Won't bend or break is a pretty tough criterion to meet.

no, it is called spring temper. they don't take a set from side impacts and are not brittle. The only damage sustained to my condors after endless throws is a deformed tip from hitting something hard, easily fixed.
My H&B forge throwers are guaranteed not to bend or break. If a thrower bends or breaks there is something wrong with it.

Knife throwing has just slightly less real world use than ax throwing. I only say that because maybe, just maybe, someone in the recorded history of man may have been injured by a flung battle ax. And that was probably an accident.

Admittedly, throwing edged tools was fun when you were a kid though.

no, it is called spring temper. they don't take a set from side impacts and are not brittle. The only damage sustained to my condors after endless throws is a deformed tip from hitting something hard, easily fixed.
My H&B forge throwers are guaranteed not to bend or break. If a thrower bends or breaks there is something wrong with it.

Yes. Yet, those spring tempered throwing blades MIGHT be softer than Cold Steel.

I wouldn't worry so much about the "bending" or "breaking", just buy an ESEE, any ESEE, and throw it 'till it's no more, and get a "no questions asked" free replacement.:D

Back