Grant & Gavin Hawk MUDD AUTO?

This looks sweet. 3.3" 20cv blade, .156" thickness, black or grey G10 with single action Auto:

All 1st batch runs have been reserved, but I hear there is a 2nd batch coming
http://mailchi.mp/30d7848dc87e/introducing-the-new-mudd-auto-2424741?e=[UNIQID]

MuddAuto3.jpg

Last edited:
It's super cool. People will legitimately complain that it's a bit thick but I think that's the price you pay for having a closed action.

At first, I ask myself 'why'? But then I remember this is the G&G team, so why not? It looks great (true to the design of the original MUDD) although it worries me about the toughness of 20cv vs the original cts-xhp (ahh, who am I kidding, I'm just upset it's at a higher price and jealous that they're all reserved!)

At first, I ask myself 'why'? But then I remember this is the G&G team, so why not? It looks great (true to the design of the original MUDD) although it worries me about the toughness of 20cv vs the original cts-xhp (ahh, who am I kidding, I'm just upset it's at a higher price and jealous that they're all reserved!)

I love your honesty brother!!
I feel the same way!
:thumbsup:
Joe

I love My older manual in elmax. I Will say w/ SpySmasher SpySmasher that it is a thick knife!

But, it's a knife designed for hard use all around, and the extra heft certainly makes it feel legitimately suited for anything you might throw at it. If nothing else it adds a degree of confidence.
wHNRW9V.jpg

I love My older manual in elmax. I Will say w/ SpySmasher SpySmasher that it is a thick knife!

But, it's a knife designed for hard use all around, and the extra heft certainly makes it feel legitimately suited for anything you might throw at it. If nothing else it adds a degree of confidence.
wHNRW9V.jpg
Have you ever used CTS-XHP? And if so, which one of the three steels would you prefer for your ideal MUDD?

Have you ever used CTS-XHP? And if so, which one of the three steels would you prefer for your ideal MUDD?
I actually preferred ELMAX for my ideal MUDD as well as green Ti, so I have my ideal MUDD...

To better answer your question though, I have used cold steel's xhp and like it a lot. Takes a fine edge well, but I would not for a second worry about a 20cv blade on this knife. It's a pretty robust blade so there's plenty of steel behind the edge for a high carbide steel... Most of the issues I've seen with 20cv/m390 blades are on thinner stock (edge chipping) and longer blades (breaks/cracks), and even on those I haven't seen it as a major recurrence in quality makers, more of an outlier that sometimes happens.
I don't foresee either of those being of much concern on this particular knife, it's not too long and plenty thick.

As cool as this thing is, I'm starting to get second thoughts concerned with accidental deployment in the pocket. Wish it was manual with the cool thumbstuds

I enjoy my Mudd Auto. Yet to have an accidental deployment in the pocket. They made the spring on the Mudd auto stronger than the spring on the Mudd manual. Either Auto or manual, it's a cool knife.

I enjoy my Mudd Auto. Yet to have an accidental deployment in the pocket. They made the spring on the Mudd auto stronger than the spring on the Mudd manual. Either Auto or manual, it's a cool knife.
That's good to know! The only other downside are worrying about those pesky anti-auto knife laws

Last edited:
Any new users for the Mudd auto? G&G Hawk are sending out emails now for batch 2

Back