Guess I'm Hooked

I got on this forum because I'm getting back into wood carving and whittling . Was looking for suggestions on what knife to use , well I first started with a small fixed blade from Garret Wayd , then went on eBay for a pocket knife . Bought a Case Kickstart , then someone on the forum said , check out the Case Seahorse . I started bidding on the knife and won the bid , turns out it was a collectors piece , numbered and too pretty to use as a pocket knife so I went back on to look for a Case small Hunter model . Won that bid , also was a beauty , one blade collectors piece . Back on and bid on a two blade small Hunter all were bone scales getting to learn the lingo , this also was a nice knife but this one I could use as a pocket wittler knife . I realized I liked knives to not only use but look at . Then now along comes the Flexcut carving knife , I may pull the trigger on this one too , covers all bases . Anyone out there have any experience with this one , it is carbon steel not stainless , see I'm doing my homework . Anyway , to all have a Great Holiday and a Happy and Healthy New Year . Stay Sharp .

Chris

I would suggest looking at Rough Ryder knives for decent looking affordable users you can scuff up with impunity! They have a Classic Carbon series that includes one I think similar to that Seahorse Whittler. Should be like under $20 shipped from about anywhere. :thumbsup: Welcome to the sickness ;)

Flex ciy carving Jacks are nice,but for less money the old timer pocket carver is a very handy tool to have,Really enjoy mine

I was not a huge fan of the folding Flexcut whittler...their single bladed carving knives are excellent tho. :)

Back